Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

###Will AF ever get a face lift### (ongoing)

asaenz
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
OK, Folks I'm not complaining just asking?

I've been a member for almost six years.

This place needs a face lift so bad.

I'm just thinking about all the revenue that comes from the advertisers and the owners really need to take some of the $ an invest it into AF and give this place a new and updated look...please.

Thank you kindly

Al

'97ventureowner
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
OK, Folks I'm not complaining just asking?

I've been a member for almost six years.

This place needs a face lift so bad.

Al
Oh I don't know about that... I mean look at Kenny Rogers and what happened to him when he got a face lift. Do you want that to happen to AF as well?
http://i32.tinypic.com/b71307.jpg :lol: :lol:

asaenz
07-02-2008, 06:05 AM
well actually he is a bit like af.com no change through out the years :grinno:
minus his beaty little eyes now, probably too much botox

Well IC you have many more posts than me.
So you think this light purple look and feel is OK?
You are not tired of it?

Don't you see my point, so much dough is raised by the owner/s of this site and they can't invest in an update?

Thanks
Al

freakray
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
AF has had a face change, it's just been so long you've probably forgotten about it.

Hungrycat7
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't know about a face lift. A change of colors maybe. Every time a website goes through a face lift it loses its simplicity and becomes more difficult to use. AF isn't here to look pretty. It is a functional website and seems to serve its purpose pretty well.

asaenz
07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Ok good point functionality is first and fore most no change needed I guess based on that argument. Thanks

twospirits
07-03-2008, 07:36 AM
AF is not your usual vBulletin site that can be upgraded to the next version so easily. For starters, its heavily modified (with add-ons, templates, etc) and applying a new update to it may cause some of those to not outright work or worse, cause a shutdown. Although it is in the planning stages, its something that can't be rushed into and must be very carefully planned out.

TS

'97ventureowner
07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
AF is not your usual vBulletin site that can be upgraded to the next version so easily. For starters, its heavily modified (with add-ons, templates, etc) and applying a new update to it may cause some of those to not outright work or worse, cause a shutdown. Although it is in the planning stages, its something that can't be rushed into and must be very carefully planned out.

TS
Well said. Remember the old saying," Beauty is only skin deep, it's what's inside that counts." I'd rather have a well functioning AF, than one that may look pretty, but isn't as functional and has issues.

asaenz
07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok what about a color change, that would be cool I guess
This color scheme is at least six years old

HeavyJ
07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I could care less about a face lift or the looks, how about taking some of that money and fixing slow searching, searches that won't load or error out. Last time I did a search I gave up and went elsewhere to look for info.

wade623
09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
it looks fine and it works well for what people come here for if it aint broke dont fix it. ya think. that just what i think about that

igor@af
08-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, changing colors is definitely doable.

Ray paulsen
09-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, changing colors is definitely doable.
I find the light purple look very distinguished and easy on the eye's, having a website one is always looking for improvement, play with the layout all you want, but stay purple.

igor@af
09-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I find the light purple look very distinguished and easy on the eye's, having a website one is always looking for improvement, play with the layout all you want, but stay purple.

Someone that understands my feelings at a deep level. Thank you. I feel like we are soul mates. :smokin:

XterraRacer
10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Seems pretty lightweight and easily readable. I don't mind the design. http://bit.ly/bsiHOo

danielsatur
10-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Ignor is still to young for Face lift!

RidingOnRailz
12-24-2010, 07:45 AM
it looks fine and it works well for what people come here for if it aint broke dont fix it. ya think. that just what i think about that

Ditto!

Hit the "Like" button for this post.

Ray paulsen
12-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Ditto!

Hit the "Like" button for this post.

Just leave this site alone " it's A1 " if changes has to be made, it's Igor, his image needs a facelift.

Add your comment to this topic!