Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do I get a rotten fish/maggots smell out from my Air Vent/AC/Engine under my Car?

bobbyj03
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I am in desperate need of any help.....

I had someone pull a very dirty prank on me. When I came outside to my car, I had a substance with maggots poured all down my windshield and into my air vent of my car. Now the whole interior of my car reaks terribly like dead fish and when I turn my A/C on, it reaks even more. Any Suggestions on how to get rid of it? I have been reading online and I am going to try Ozium and Lysol. And I cleaned my Air Duct out, all the maggots but the smell is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2006 Honda Civic. Can I use some type of liquid to flush out the car vent system?

rayh059
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Damn that stinks...
I have an '06 LX

Try soaking a rag in white vinegar and putting that rag in a pan or bowl. Set it under your seat for a few days.

It worked on mine, my son said the car smelled like ass... smells like salad now, but not ass. I'd give it a shot... :2cents:

virtuosoatluck
10-16-2008, 12:56 AM
You need to get those maggots out of you A.C. vent to begin with. See if you can remove the A.C. vent cover and wipe down the A.C. intake with a wrag. If not I'd blast it with some bleach (half water). As for the inside of your car you need to put an ozone machine in the front seat, crank up the car (outside), set the A.C. to MAX and in recirculating mode, set the timer for 4 hours, close the power cord in the window, close the door till its cracked, and plug in the machine. When the timer goes off, deactivate the ozone machine being careful not to breath in the O3. Then let the car vent out the O3 for about an hour. If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will.

Add your comment to this topic!