Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LS air bag light

jima4624pY2
06-29-2008, 03:55 PM
:evillol: i have a 2000 LS v8 sport and the air bag light flashes 3 then 6 then on i read through the fourms and checked under the seat and wires seem plug in and no brakes and all funtions on the wheel work could it still be the clock spring if everything works i read that there could be 4 or 5 other things that it could be would anyone happen to know what they are thanks:evillol:

shorod
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
There are 4 different faults that could cause a Lamp Fault Code (LFC) of 36. It might be helpful to you to get the body diagnostic code that corresponds to your particular fault.

And, yes, it could still be the clockspring at fault to cause the code 36, even if other functions from the steering wheel still continue to work.

-Rod

jima4624pY2
06-29-2008, 07:23 PM
There are 4 different faults that could cause a Lamp Fault Code (LFC) of 36. It might be helpful to you to get the body diagnostic code that corresponds to your particular fault.

And, yes, it could still be the clockspring at fault to cause the code 36, even if other functions from the steering wheel still continue to work.

-Rod thanks for the the fast answer do i need to go to the dealer or can you tell me what the other thing i could check before i get to the dealer witch i dont realy want to do thanks :banghead:

shorod
06-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I can understand you not wanting to go to the dealer. If you know someone or a shop that has an OTC Nemesis or OTC Genisys scan tool, they may have the software to read the Airbag codes. If not, you're probably stuck with the dealer.

The four codes that pertain to LFC 36 are all related to the driver's airbag circuit, either high resistance, low resistance, short to ground, or shorted to battery. You're pretty much stuck getting a wiring diagram for the airbag circuit and tracing the wires/ohming the circuits to see which condition you have and then tracking down where the problem lies.

If you send me a private message with an e-mail address for you that can accept PDF attachments as well as your request (my memory isn't all that great) I'll e-mail you the diagnostic procedures for the various cases.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!