Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

camry cig lighter won't work

jennjessica
06-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I am brand new on this site and am probably doing this wrong. Please be gentle with me! My 2002 Toyota Camry's cig lighter and the other outlet quit working. I've read the manual and changed the fuse twice. It still doesn't work - what else could it be..???:confused:

dpj52190
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
when something doesn't work in my car i try to open it and try to fix it ...many times it works just by disconnecting the hardware and connecting back. My power outlet wasn't working in 94 camry, when i opened it, i saw lots of rust on it. so i took a screw driver and took off the rust. And it worked.

crash_1333
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
You Could Have A Lose Or Broken Wire To The Lighter

somick
06-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Look inside the outlets. There might be something in shorting the contacts. If there is nothing in, try to pull the units and check the wiring.

Good luck,

Sam

jdmccright
07-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Make sure the plug itself isn't bad. There's a little fuse in the tip of the plug that can blow...Unscrew the tip & check it. Or try a different plug to see if it is only that one that doesn't work. Finally, some plugs are made so that they don't seat fully into the outlet. Make sure the plug isn't hitting against any part of the dash or molding.

Add your comment to this topic!