Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! Error P0171 on 2002 LS V8

FrankieKnucklz
06-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey, can anyone give me a little help with this. I got a 02' LS V8 w/94k miles.

The car started to stall and hesitate while running and Idling. I plugged my scan tool and got P0171"System Lean Bank1) and Multi-misfire on cyl. Checked the manual and I replaced all 8 boots & sparkplugs.(Trying to save a little money, Coil Paks are $$$) EGR Valve, EGR Pressure Sensor, Fuel Filter, Gas Cap. Cleared Codes and drove car w/scan tool for about 15min. Now I just get P0171 and nothing else. I cant find in the book where the PCV is @ on the V8. I havent checked to see if the MAF is dirty cause it was just replaced when my front end was fixed.

Any thoughts on what else could be the problem.:confused: Im gonna check some other things and post back if they work or not. Thanks

danielsatur
06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
1) How did the plugs look?
2) Was there any fresh oil on them?

Keep in mind that you have a LS with High mileage,so don't feel bad spending money on some new parts.

I have seen dirty Throttle bodies + MAF sensors cause misfires and misc codes.

We use WD40 + Oil fogging spray to the throat of Throttle body and exercise the throttle plate by hand.

You can also use CRC MAF sensor cleaner for MAF + oxygen sensors.

Theres also a Hot Thread AF-> Lincoln -> LS -> Codes PO171,P0174 Lincoln LS V6.

I don't think this model has a PCV valve or elbow like the V6,it has a looped system going back to the Intake.

Need to also check for non metered air is leaking in to the Intake.

MCGIVER

Add your comment to this topic!