Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

So we went to the track

TorchedStealth
06-22-2008, 07:16 PM
MZR_47, me, and a few friends went to the track yesterday. It was about 85º outside and very humid...the cars were getting really bad heatsoak:crying:. Anyways we each made quite a few runs. His first run was hillarious to watch...3 gears of smoked tires a 2.7 60' with a whoping time of 16.79 at ~92mph:rofl:. My first run i cut a 15.06 @ 97 with a 2.59 60'. My next run i broke 14's with a 14.99 @ 99.2mph with a 2.57 60'. Then i got a 2.49 60' the next run but smoked the crap out of the tires in 2nd to the point where i had to let off and get back on the gas and ended with a 15.1 @96. I then just got back in line after each run and my car started getting really hot and i had a passenger so i cut a few 15.5's with 2.7 60 foots:banghead:. I let my car cool for a while and went back to run and cut my best time of the night...

60' 2.445
et 14.836
mph 99.47

I'm kinda pissed about that because i hit the rev limiter in 3rd goin through the traps. I wish i would have shifted to 4th but i really thought i could make it before pegging the limiter...but i was wrong:loser:

The track was so slippery...they wouldnt let the cars with street tires use the sticky VHT so we had to launch on the slick side. I honestly grip better on the street. Everyone was running bad times. I saw an LS2 gto run a best of 14.2 and a new civic si run consistent 15.9-16.2's. Every car was running .5 - 1 second slower than they should with a decent driver. The RWD f-bodies with street tires were running 2.2-2.3 60 foot times, so it was a little slick.

All in all it was a fun trip with a bunch of friends and it was a nice day until we got rained out, but I'm sure MZR will add to this post later when he gets off work.

-Jayson-
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
yeah your trap should put you around 14.3-14.5. Need to practice your launches bud.

Also stage 2 is perfect for that 3rd gear rev limiter at the end of the quarter. The extra 500 RPM in the rev limiter means 3rd goes to 105MPH.

MZR_47
06-22-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah we do need to practice launching... but hey, first time on a crappy track that got wet a few times from rain isnt half bad. But yes, I think that I am going to post the video of my first run so people can laugh at me :) the tree caught me off guard because i was backing up and it started so all I had time to do was dump it...

My best time by the end of the day was...

14.96 @ 96.5mph.
2.37 60ft, which was the best out of all of us who went.. we are all track noobs though!

But yeah they wouldnt let us run on the good stuff so it was pretty bad for anyone without slicks. Saw some pretty crazy cars, like a convertable mustang with god knows what in the engine running a low 9, beating a Hayabusa on Nitrous who was there.

I eventually had the best average by a couple tenths over Torched, beacuse when he had a passenger he couldnt launch and ran 15.5s :) I also beat him 2 out of 3 in our head to head runs. (one was sketchy, Ill let him explain) But he had the best time of the day, so he wins :(

(We also had some 145mph fun on the way there....long story)

-The Stig-
06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
(We also had some 145mph fun on the way there....long story)

I've got time... do explain. :smile:

MZR_47
06-22-2008, 11:22 PM
alright if you say so. :) Well, me and Torched decide to run em from 40 as we are on our way to Sabin. We run up to about 110 pretty much dead even, im pulling on him again after he put a a half car to a car on me. I had to let off because of an 18-wheeler in my lane.

But TL doesnt stop.

So I slam down the gas and switch lanes. We blast past the semi at about 130, and then the three other cars coming with us who had gotten ahead because we slowed to 40. They were going 100, but when we past them it looked like they were parked. we keep going until about 145 and finally let off.

I could actually watch my gas gauge go down as I did that, too. :D

-The Stig-
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
alright if you say so. :) Well, me and Torched decide to run em from 40 as we are on our way to Sabin. We run up to about 110 pretty much dead even, im pulling on him again after he put a a half car to a car on me. I had to let off because of an 18-wheeler in my lane.

But TL doesnt stop.

So I slam down the gas and switch lanes. We blast past the semi at about 130, and then the three other cars coming with us who had gotten ahead because we slowed to 40. They were going 100, but when we past them it looked like they were parked. we keep going until about 145 and finally let off.

I could actually watch my gas gauge go down as I did that, too. :D

HA, I can do that while idling in traffic with the G8.... :(

Sounds like a fun trip, you kids should come out to California... see the beautiful girls. Run the G8! :biggrin:

-Jayson-
06-23-2008, 07:13 AM
145MPH...lol its amazing how well the car handles at those speeds. I mean you dont exactly feel safe but at the same time you dont feel like your out of control.

MrPbody
06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all! I remember those days... (believe it or not!)

Glad you did okay, broke nothing and everyone came home safe!

Jim

MZR_47
06-23-2008, 01:20 PM
145MPH...lol its amazing how well the car handles at those speeds. I mean you dont exactly feel safe but at the same time you dont feel like your out of control.

i didnt even realize how fast I was going, the car handled like it was going 80. My lane change was fast enough to have killed me had I been in my old honda (not that it could even go 145) We were weaving at those speeds which was quite the rush. Nice plug for the handling of the SS/RL :D

TorchedStealth
06-23-2008, 04:51 PM
i didnt even realize how fast I was going, the car handled like it was going 80. My lane change was fast enough to have killed me had I been in my old honda (not that it could even go 145) We were weaving at those speeds which was quite the rush. Nice plug for the handling of the SS/RL :D

I didnt weave...i got to stay in 1 lane:tongue:. You would have found an untimely death in the back of a semi if you hadn't though lol.

I will post that video up soon in the SR section

Add your comment to this topic!