Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rest in peace Scott

AWP9521
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Scott Kalitta, the son of Connie "The Bounty Hunter" Kalitta died Saturday from injuries sustained in a firey crash at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park in Old Bridge New Jersey. He was 46 and leaves behind a wife and 2 children, RIP Scott.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/motorracing/ny-nhra-driver-killed,0,3833788.story

MrPbody
06-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Yes, a sad reminder that these cars are the most powerful internal combustion engines on the planet. Scott was a nice man (met him a couple times at Indy). Connie's a grumpy old fart, but a GREAT racer/tuner. My condolences to him and Scott's family.

Jim

CassiesMan
06-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Sucks that he died. Pretty cool boom though.

chevy2808
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Sucks that he died. Pretty cool boom though.:nono:
i think you need to have more respect for scott. nothing is worth a mans life, and the boom your talking about was also seen by his family and can you imagine seeing someone you love die? so think about your words before you say them, and respect the man who gave his life to furthering the sport of drag racing. rest in peace scott kalitta:smokin:

CassiesMan
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
:nono:
i think you need to have more respect for scott. nothing is worth a mans life, and the boom your talking about was also seen by his family and can you imagine seeing someone you love die? so think about your words before you say them, and respect the man who gave his life to furthering the sport of drag racing. rest in peace scott kalitta:smokin:

What? It was a cool explosion. It sucks that he died, but c'mon. A cool explosion is a cool explosion. The nuke explosion in Japan was pretty cool and it killed a whole bunch of people. And I've watched people I love die in far worse ways than explosions.

So, my comment still stands. That was a pretty cool explosion.

Outlaw572
11-09-2008, 07:33 PM
What? It was a cool explosion. It sucks that he died, but c'mon. A cool explosion is a cool explosion. The nuke explosion in Japan was pretty cool and it killed a whole bunch of people. And I've watched people I love die in far worse ways than explosions.

So, my comment still stands. That was a pretty cool explosion.

Immature jackass. Sad to hear the loss too bad it wasn't someone else. You know who I mean.

Add your comment to this topic!