Cams/Cam gear confusion.

H23A1Lude
06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Alright, I've posted in both the Integra and the Prelude forum, and I've gotten nothing, and I'm in a time crunch here. I have the H23A1 Prelude Si. I've been hearing some talk that B-Series cams/cam gears will work in the H23 non VTEC? I looked on eBay, and I saw some cam gears with this as the title: "SKUNK2 CAM GEARS CIVIC INTEGRA H23 B16 GSR DOHC (http://cgi.ebay.com/SKUNK2-CAM-GEARS-CIVIC-INTEGRA-H23-B16-GSR-DOHC-BLUE_W0QQitemZ350070395482QQihZ022QQcategoryZ33614 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)". Is this only for the gears, or is there a possibility the cams might be the same too?
I've researched, but I haven't found any information:confused: . I was hoping someone on here might have an answer. Let me know if you have any info. Thanks.

CivicSpoon
06-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Apparently the cam gear are in fact the same for the B-series and the H23. AEM lists the same gear for all those engine as well, and I read somewhere of someone using H23 cam gears on a B20A1 (older Prelude) engine.

But, I highly doubt any B-series camshafts will work. If any did work, it's be the non-vtec B-series ones. If I can find any more info I'll post it up here.

H23A1Lude
06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Okay, so I'd be safe getting those cam gears? And yeah, I've been looking on preludepower and all that, and I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks :]

H23A1Lude
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Alright, I e-mailed Crower, and he said I'd be looking at about 8 to 15HP gain in low and mid-range RPMs. Anyone else have some Crower stage I's in their car? I just want some opinions on this, like if it's worth the 440 dollars. Thanks :]

lessthanwise
08-22-2008, 04:00 AM
just installing cams will lose you power, not gain it

cams will only make you more power through increased compression or increased amounts of fuel and spark

if you're looking for easy, affordable, usable power start with an intake and exhaust and then step up to a reasonable amount of N20

Add your comment to this topic!