OT: anyone into airsoft?

Musashi3000GT
06-18-2008, 07:48 PM
So my best friend whom I grew up with came back from the Army not too long ago. Hes a Ranger and we've been going back and forth with some airsofts, him teaching me some tactical stuff and such. you know like a more life-like version of Call Of Duty 4!

I used to paintball alot but this airsoft shit is so much more real!
the guns are all scale replicas, the UTG M4 I just bought is made from a real M4 with gear-box internals and so the size and weight is identical to the real thing. the gear we use, the camo, the coms, its all authentic millitary gear.

anyway theres like no place around here to really get a huge crowd going. everyone caters to paintball. My question is if there is anyone out there who is familiar with hosting games maybe can give me some advise.
Ive been to an abandoned farm nearby where a military base used to be, Its been abandoned since the 70's but every time we go we are risking getting arrested for trespassing. anyone got any ideas or advise?

-The Stig-
06-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Airsoft is the shizzle.

I've got an Echo 1 M14 RIS
http://echo1usa.com/English/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_18&products_id=90

It's pretty accurate and can lay down some cover fire if need be. It's down side is that it's pretty heavy being all metal. I'd prefer a composite/plastic gun just for ease of use when playing. Lugging around 15lbs and trying to aim it steadily sucks.

TerminalVelocity knows a crap ton about Airsoft, he used to work at a store that sold the stuff. Plus he plays regularly with a fairly large group.

I want another rifle, but the G8 is pretty much sucking up my play funds... haha

CassiesMan
06-18-2008, 11:15 PM
God I miss my kit...I sold it all to buy real guns. I've been thinking about getting back into it. Played locally on a team that did mostly milsim stuff, however none of us had the cash to put together a real team based set up, so we just called ourselves PMCs, and bingo, no matching kit, no problem, lol. CA metal body based CQBR, extended the barrel to the end of the "silencer", krylon cammo'd, knock off aimpoint, some O'Reilly LED light with a cheap ass rail mount. Rhodesian cammo pants (don't ask how or where, it was expensive), British desert DPM shirt, knock off Army Navy store chest rig based on Rhodesian Recon Rig from Eagle. TM GBB Glock 17. Oh, and a Calico Jack patch.

I'd like to put another kit together, but dunno right now. It was fun while I played, but the fad died down around here and its all back to that stupid ass speed ball bullshit all the haxorz paint ballers like. God forbid you introduce actual tactics, counter offensive, and small unit combat. Still...

I'm thinking something along a cross kit of what you see on the SEAL teams right now in the AStan, with a touch of Hoot's kit from BHD. It would fit in with the local flora, be a nifty set up, and unique. Every one is doing the Kahki cargos and polos or tshirt with a rig or CIRAS for the PMC look, or 5th SFG around here. Something mixing say SFOD-D, DevGru, and SEAL Team 10 would be nice...Or just screw with all their heads and see if I can fit back into my Rhodesian cammies, get a rhodesian shirt, and talk with a funky accent.

"We call it Zimbabwe now."
"Do we?"

Sleepr awd
06-19-2008, 01:23 AM
real guns ftw.

CassiesMan
06-19-2008, 01:46 AM
real guns ftw.

Yeah but running around the forest shooting people with real guns tends to get you in trouble, lol.

GForce957
06-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Depends which forest.

Musashi3000GT
06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
So my idea is that thier is an empty field a few miles from where I live. There are kids paintballing there all day and no body seems to mind them. Im thinking af organizing a group of like 30-40 people to go over on a weekday at night and have some night games. my only concern is if the cops show up what will they be looking for.

See I dont know what the penalty for running around with airsofts is.
will they ask us to leave, will we get fined, will they arrest us and confiscate our guns?

If your paintballing your dressed up all ghetto and with a dirt-bike mask. If a cop sees that they dont care but when they see you all camoed out with face paint and shit with a gun that looks way too real then I just dont know how they will react.

CassiesMan
06-19-2008, 11:26 PM
If your paintballing your dressed up all ghetto and with a dirt-bike mask. If a cop sees that they dont care but when they see you all camoed out with face paint and shit with a gun that looks way too real then I just dont know how they will react.

Most likely a chest full of .40S&W or 9mm hollow point rounds, depending on what your department carries. I wouldn't risk it. See if you can get a local paint ball field that isn't all set up for speed ball to let you host a few games.

Sleepr awd
06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah but running around the forest shooting people with real guns tends to get you in trouble, lol.

you can buy wax bullets that have paint on them and use your real mags and everything. ... at least thats' what the fanatics at work have told me, and it does hurt significantly worse than airsoft.

of course, that would also sound real....

Musashi3000GT
06-21-2008, 12:08 AM
you can buy wax bullets that have paint on them and use your real mags and everything. ... at least thats' what the fanatics at work have told me, and it does hurt significantly worse than airsoft.

Yes I imagine a lump of wax at 1000 feet per second would hurt a bit more then a 6mm plastic BB at 400 feet per second.

AMGalltheway
06-21-2008, 08:36 AM
You could try telling someone in the police department or geting some of them involved.

CassiesMan
06-21-2008, 02:13 PM

Yup, Simunition rounds. The Military uses them. Like paint ball on steroids.

BullDog71ss
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Musashi, If you still need help getting some airsoft stuff going, then send me a pm so we can hook up on the phone. I've been doing airsoft fairly hardcore since 01. But it'll be a lot easier to help you over the phone, as opposed to this typing nonsense.

CassiesMan
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
This thread has inspired me to put another kit together and get back in it, lol...sigh, more money down the drain.

MZR_47
06-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I have done the impossible.

I have created an airsoft flamethrower.

AMGalltheway
06-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I WANT ONE!!!(drool)

MZR_47
06-28-2008, 03:13 AM
156,000 BBs per second. Quite the ammunition whore, but very worth it.

I find it odd that as I post this, the ad at the bottom of the page is an airsoft ad....

cHo
07-07-2008, 01:45 AM
My friends are really into airsoft. Went for the first time yesterday wearing some kahki shorts and a white undershirt(didn't know I was going..). My gear consisted of some swimming googles and a head smock for racing. Very fun but I got pretty messed up considering it was only plastic bbs.
Wed. night is pistol night..:)

Musashi3000GT
08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Update: well i started going to a nearby forest with some friends. its a small spot but at least we found one. trying to hook up with local teams now so we can expand our horrizons.

and cHo, dude im not like those guys that you have to go in authentic BDUs and wear 60 pounds of gear for added realism. none in my crew are. hell I got one guy that goes in black pants and a jean jacket. stands out like an 80's pop singer at a funeral!

I bought some camo pants at walmart, some camo shirts and a tactical vest at bass proshop and knee pads and elbow pads from airsplat.com. I have no head gear except for some shooting gogles. im wanna buy the Army Of Two masks from cactus hobbies. that will look so bad ass!

what guns do you use man?

Add your comment to this topic!