Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

b20 torque monster

Da X
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
the car is powerful up top beating superchargerd v6s and still losing to those damn srt4s but with high compression pistons,aftermarket cams, fuel injectors and all the other good things i still need more?

Greenblurr93
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
you need to clarify what your asking... are you asking what mods provide low end torque? or are you trying to bench race a srt4 with mods you dont have?

Da X
06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
i want to beat moded srt4s... sorry about the first post... but i myself am pretty modded and i still want more torque and horse not just low end but everywhere.

Greenblurr93
06-25-2008, 05:55 AM
boost

Da X
06-26-2008, 12:23 PM
it would blow the engine if i have high comp. pistons allready and i dont know how hard it would be to take those out and put in low comp and boost it i have looked at it though. i thought of it as a possiblity

Greenblurr93
06-26-2008, 12:29 PM
if you believe you cant boost with high compression you need to do a lot more research on the matter. High compression is fine with boost as long as the tune is good.

Da X
06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
everyone i have talked to or asked about it say that the most i would be able to run is 6-8 psi and i want to have around 12-18 anywhere in there and the problem with north dakota is there isnt anywhere to go to get a proper tune

Greenblurr93
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
ah, more myths.... 6-8 psi means different things for each turbo. what you need to do is set a HP number an go from there the higher compression generally means the less amount of boost to reach you HP goal. so its not always a bad thing to have high compression or low boost.

CivicSpoon
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, everyone you've talked to doesn't seem to have a lot of knowledge on forced induction then. PSI doesn't mean anything. 6psi from one turbo is completely different from 6psi from another. 6psi on a 9:1 compression engine is completely different from 6psi on a 10:1 compression engine. The higher compression your engine, the less boost you need to hit a certain power range, compared to an engine with lower compression. You need to think about it in horsepower, not psi. When you get a turbocharged car tuned, the tuner will tell you what psi you're running. *Damn you Greenblurr93, you beat me to it, with my slow azz typing*

Now, not having a reputable tuner near you is a problem. Even if you stay N/A, to get the most out of all your modifications, you're going to want to get it tuned. Since you have aftermarket cams and higher compression pistons, getting your car tuned as it is now should free up quite a bit of power, without doing anymore modification.

But what header are you using? What exhaust? What intake manifold? Any kind of head work done; like a port and polish? Ever thought of doing a vtec head conversion (I know you have cams, but it's just a thought)?

Da X
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
vibrant exhaust, huge headers i will post the pics on the rest cuz im not 100 percent sure on them i did them all about 6 months to 1 yr ago so i will put out pics all i know is that its a whale penis intake(hahaha) the headers are huge and i think i have AEM cam gears and idk the rest

Add your comment to this topic!