Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

5 speed swap

zboom86
06-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know what the 5 speeds is called Part # model what ever u call it. I'm thinking of taking over payments on a 3g 2.4L G its in a 04 Stratus. The Stratus 2 door was built in the same factories as the eclipse. I don't usually buy a auto, but I like this car its sick. The after market parts are hard to find, but that is what will make it unique. That is what i strive for. Either way if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. Also if you know a distributer of the 5 speed that would be helpful.
thanks

808drifter
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
$tealership.

zboom86
06-18-2008, 03:43 PM
That is true the would have the trans # and would be able to get one. does anyone know how hard it would be to add the clutch pedals? I wondering if it would even be worth it! Also how hard would it be to turbo? I know that most motors u shouldn't just throw a turbo at because of the high compression. I just cant find much on this motor it is the 2.4 SFI G motor.

Sleepr awd
06-19-2008, 12:38 AM
those motors are exceedingly easy to find aftermarket setups for if you would read the stickied posts at the top of the forum, you might refrain from saying such a foolish comment.

Transmissions that fit a 4cyl are the same across the board. The only difference I know of is the flywheel on a stratus 6cyl is not going to match a clutch from an eclipse, though buying aftermarket of them for the same car either way easily remedy that issue.

Add your comment to this topic!