Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuse 14 keeps blowing

acidcrashdburnd
06-18-2008, 02:52 AM
heres the issue.
every time i have my head lights on and i open my door.. the interior lights come on and the instrument light go out caused by a blown 10amp #14 fuse spot.

i was wondering if this could have anything to do with my alarm its a viper 5900 or if it could have anything to do with the radio wiring that i rewired about 4 months ago now...

but regardless I'm going to take my car to best buy and get them to fix it cause I'm sure it has something to do with that alarm install

but i was hoping to get some kinda feedback as to what everyone thinks it could be.

also i tried to put a 15 amp fuse in the place of the 10 (as i was out of 10 at this point) and fuse #21 blew..

EDIT!I just went out to test a few things the fuse will only blow when your first in the car with no interior light on with the headlights on and then you open the door the fuse blows... it will NOT blow if the door is open before I turn the lights on even if you close and open the door.

maxwedge
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok, what year and what does fuse 14 control?

acidcrashdburnd
06-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Ok, what year and what does fuse 14 control?

sorry its a 93 88 and i have been trying to find a diagram of the fuses all day...

maxwedge
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Disconnect the power source for the alarm and see what happens, I see a diagram at autozone.com, repair guides, shows this controls the tailites.

acidcrashdburnd
06-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Disconnect the power source for the alarm and see what happens, I see a diagram at autozone.com, repair guides, shows this controls the tailites.

Wow i never thought to check autozone =/
thank you

Add your comment to this topic!