Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Corsica 96 3.0 ABS Problem

ricknieves
06-18-2008, 12:14 AM
I need help my car ABS light is on, and I just realize that the rear brake line is not working at all. I disconnected the brake line for the rear left tire at the ABS pump; hit the brake pedal several times, but no fluid come out. Do I need a new abs computer? Or what other part should I look for?

Please help

Fresno 126
06-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I do not think you need a Abs unit yet, but you might. If you can retrive the abs code from the computor start thier. If you can't, try to bleed all the air out of the system starting from the master cyclinder and working down too the abs pump assembly. If still no fluid come out you will need a scan tool Like the Tecktronic Tech 1 or possible a Snap-On scanner to activate the abs unit to bleed the air out of the unit. Now, after again bleeding the the entire system it still is not working the unit has a inturnal failure.

If you could awnser a question i will give you a free copy of the product when it come out.

http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?af=41989

jsgold
06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Just a thought, you could have a clogged rubber hose there...very common on front brakes, unsure about rears though... The steel in the hoses tend to rust and swell and block fluid. Just a thought...

Add your comment to this topic!