Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Small/Mid-size for tall person

spitz10
06-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey everyone, new to the forums, looks like a great place.

Anyways, I am selling my current truck for $14000 to a friend, and I am looking to buy a used (hopefully just a year or two old) small to mid-size car. I do not want to have a note or anything, so 15000 would be my max. I just took a new job and I will be driving a longer distance to work so fuel efficiency is very important.

Other than that I am basically just looking for a car that fits me and doesnt look like a "mom" car. I am tall (6'4"), so leg/head room is extremely important.

I am not a car person at all really, so I dont even really know where to start. Any recommendations on makes/models/year(maybe) would be extremely helpful. Thanks ahead of time for any help, I greatly appreciate it.

'97ventureowner
06-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Welcome to AF! Try looking through this thread for suggestions on vehicles for taller people:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=885004

fredjacksonsan
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I just purchased a new vehicle, and am also 6'4". I looked at Scion Xb, Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, Honda Civic, and the Nissan Versa, all of which I fit into, headroom wise. I also checked out VWs, which were just a bit short on headroom. I limited my search to those vehicles that got more than 30mpg highway.

I ended up getting the Versa; it not only had the most room overall, but brand new out the door price was only $14500. S model, with 6 speed manual, and cruise. 1200 miles on it now, and it's all good, averaging 32 mpg.

Add your comment to this topic!