Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bodykit, or no?

Minoxide98
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, I bought my '98 Cavalier with some skirts already on. The one is cracked in the center, closer to the bottom, and the other is about to unbolt. I'm holding it on with epoxy glue right now, haha, I know. :rofl:

Anyways, I just wanted to know how those of you with bodykits on your Cavy's deal with the differences of elevation in the road. (eg. speed bumps, and sloped entrances). Do the kits make the car much lower? I just really want something in the front that looks nicer then what comes stock. Also, I don't want to be a plow in the winter. So as much as I'd love to put a kit on it, I don't know if it's really the best thing. I don't know how many of you have them on your cars, but I'd really like some direction! Also, my driveway is on a slope, so everytime I back out, if I had something that was much lower for a rear bumper then what's stock, I'd have it scraping, or it would be torn right off.

Lastly, I live in Canada, and I just wanted to know if any other Canadians out there would recommend a place to look for '98 Cav aftermarket parts for both the interior and exterior. I've checked eBay, but they seem to never have what I'm looking for, plus the majority of items would be coming from the States, which, in-turn, carries huge shipping costs!

Thanks a lot guys!

Classicrocjunkie
06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
1) If your going to run your car in winter, don't even think about a body kit.

2) If your riding on your stock suspension, you can still clear a lot of road obstacles, and bumps driving normally. If you lower your car, then start figuring out ways around your town with the flattest roads possible. Take driveways at extreme angles, slow over RR tracks, and drive like a grandmother on bad or rough/ uneven roads.

3) Look at the J-body black book sticky on the first page here, it lists a lot of the j-body parts companies and many ship to Canada.

yhandor
06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Honestly, if yours isnt a Z24, go to any wreckers, find the same colour Z24 there, and buy the back bumper, front and skirts from there, I have a 97 Z24, and its a nice looking ground effects that is also stock! Get a 95-99 Z24 kit, they look the best.

Minoxide98
06-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Alright, thanks a lot, both of you! I'll have a look at that book, that sounds awesome.

ZenithZ24
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I agree, Get a 95-99 Z24 ground effects. I also always liked the Wings West lips for the 95-99 Cavalier too.

JStumpalump150
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I also always liked the Wings West lips for the 95-99 Cavalier too.
me too but i cant find them anywhere, but i have seen the ebay knock offs called wings west, lol

ZenithZ24
06-17-2008, 09:17 PM
me too but i cant find them anywhere, but i lhave seen the ebay knock offs called wings west, lol

Now that ViS has taken over WW, you can order them off the official WW website. I never liked the regular95-99 Cavalier bumper but that lip just makes it work.

Add your comment to this topic!