Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRT-4 was a little faster this time around

TorchedStealth
06-16-2008, 07:27 PM
So you may remember the race of me against my friend's srt-4 that i won. Well we raced from 40 again last night and this time was a little different. He has drop in filter, cut exhaust at the dp and is holding 15 psi spiking to 16. I have intake and cat-back. Ill post the vid below but basically i got a half car right away cause the supercharger gives me false hope because it doesnt lag:biggrin:. He pulled even at probably 70-75 and continued to pull to about a car at 100 then slowly to about a car and a half by 110-115. Here is the video...its crappy cause it was on a cell phone...and it was dark....and he was on the wrong side, but here you go:tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoOxKf8rkOU

edit: apparently there is no sound now..wtf! sorry guys i will try to fix that

MZR_47
06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
that wasnt too bad. you made it sound worse than it was, I thought he killed you. Well, just get us some stage 2(3) and we will be able to handle it :) if he doesnt mod in the meantime that is. Yeah that video is hard to figure out what is the Skittle and what is the street lights

UnderEstimate Me
06-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Im actually surprised it wasnt by a wider margin. Good run.

lamehonda
06-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Is a 1 psi increase in boost enough to be termed a "spike"?

UnderEstimate Me
06-18-2008, 05:59 PM
that wasnt too bad. you made it sound worse than it was, I thought he killed you. Well, just get us some stage 2(3) and we will be able to handle it :) if he doesnt mod in the meantime that is. Yeah that video is hard to figure out what is the Skittle and what is the street lights

Stage II balts get to like what, 240hp? Srt-4s run around 225-235 whp stock. With a downpipe, intake and the boost holding at 15psi until redline, and assuming both are qualified drivers, I think the srt would be the faster car.

TorchedStealth
06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Stage II balts get to like what, 240hp? Srt-4s run around 225-235 whp stock. With a downpipe, intake and the boost holding at 15psi until redline, and assuming both are qualified drivers, I think the srt would be the faster car.

You damn srts and your making power for little amounts of money...damn you! lol kidding man. Yeah lsj's get to ~235-245 whp with stage 2 usually, but honestly stock for stock we hang with srt-4s better than i thought we would.

MZR_47
06-19-2008, 03:01 AM
240WHP is the key there. We are underatted quite severely, and im not just saying that. Dyno proven, son.

but Torched has beaten the SRT stock, so who knows.

UnderEstimate Me
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
240WHP is the key there. We are underatted quite severely, and im not just saying that. Dyno proven, son.

but Torched has beaten the SRT stock, so who knows.

I was talking about whp with all my references.

And I realize that the cobalts were underrated from the factory, just like the srt-4's. However, with both drivers being equal, the srt-4 will always win stock for stock. Of course thats impossible, so youre right, it is a drivers race.

TorchedStealth
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
The stock or near stock SRTs around here usually pull the stock or near stock cobalts by a car or so to 100, so yes they are admittedly faster, and i know that i always hear of srt-4 owners having a bad stereotype, but honestly around our area they are all cool.

UnderEstimate Me
06-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I wish I could say the same for around here. 90 percent of the owners I see around here act like douches on the road and dont even do the "wave" when I see them on the street.

I have only seen two s/c ecotwins around here. There is a nice red cobalt ss/sc around here that I always see. I havent had a chance to shoot the shit with him yet though.

MZR_47
06-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I admit the SRT is faster, but yes its a drivers race. I am just slightly biased for some reason :)

there is one bad skittle driver up here, the black one from Ressler. The guy is kind of a jerk, but thats just my opinion.

And yes, curse you SRT drivers and your stupid-fast cars that take to mods like an addict to crack.

-Jayson-
06-21-2008, 08:31 AM
time for some 42lb injectors, 2.9 pulley, and tune.

TorchedStealth
06-21-2008, 10:02 AM
time for some 42lb injectors, 2.9 pulley, and tune.

In due time my friend, in due time lol

Add your comment to this topic!