Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 grand am,hesitation

chiropeeps
06-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi everybody,93 grand am 3.3 107,000 miles. New plugs,wires,air flter,fuel filter,ran a can of seafoam true gas tank. Car idels fine but it seems especially when the car hasn't warmed up it will stumble,hesitate off of the line ,it hesitates then it will kick in,i have read possible tps sensor but i was wondering could it be the cat, i know it is probable pluged or restricted, exhaust leak were it has blown out the seam any help would be appriciated thanks and have a great day.

xeroinfinity
06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
sorry for the delayed reply....
Have you checked for any trouble codes ?

TPS is a posibility, could even be a clogged injector.
You can test your TPS..
Disconnect the TPS harness from the TPS, using a jumper wires, connect a voltmeter to terminals A and B on the TPS.
With the ignition ON and the engine running, the TPS voltage should be 0.45-1.25 volts at idle, and approximately 4.5-5.0 volts at wide open throttle.

If the reading is out of specification, replace it.

If your Cat were the troubles it would constantly do it (especialy when it gets hot) not just intermitantly on take offs.

Hope that helps.

Jrs3800
06-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Once you get that checked out and verify that the TPS is good... Go to the parts store and get a Can of CRC MAF Cleaner.... Pull the MAF and spray the little elements( wires ) down until they are clean.. Allow the sensor to dry, then reinstall it.... Cleaning this sensor will help with throttle tip in, as well as some driveability... As the Wires get coated with the fine soot, the reaction time of the MAF will slow..

Good luck and let us know what you find

chiropeeps
06-28-2008, 11:28 AM
jrs3800, thank you so much who would of thought a $7 can of spray would work so well. thanks again the blue beast is a beast again!:rofl:

Jrs3800
06-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Glad to be of help to a Fellow Buick V6 Owner...

Over time the MAF filament gets a bit carboned up.... This slows the rate at which the sensor will function as it will take longer to heat the wires and longer for a blast of air to cool the wires.... Meaning it takes longer for the MAF sensor and ECM to see that there is an incoming flow of air...

When they get dirty, they get picky...LOL

Glad it helped:)

Add your comment to this topic!