Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Group N Lancer EVO VI

Orso
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I have a Tamiya Lancer Evo VI road car and a Lancer Evo V WRC car and want to build a Group N Evo VI.
Any tips on what to use from the two kits to do this?

regards
Orso

mel79
06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I am not 100% sure how the group N regulations are, but I think some of the details in group N cars may vary depending on who has built the car. I built a model of my friend's evo VI from Hasegawa's evo VI group A kit and the differences I noticed were roll cage details, exhaust, 5-bolt wheels, front sump guard and stock type dashboard / center console. If I recall correctly this car was modified in Finland from Tommi Mäkinen's Australian pre-rally reconnaissance car to gr. N specs so there were probably custom details which were specific to this car.

I think it is best to select which car to build and then check which details need work.

-Mikko

rallymaster
06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I have a Tamiya Lancer Evo VI road car and a Lancer Evo V WRC car and want to build a Group N Evo VI.
Any tips on what to use from the two kits to do this?

regards
Orso

if you're building a car anterior to 2001 you'll need to put the rear seats (usually to bend to to front).
you also need a manual gearbox lever.
I think this is most of the differences.

malscar
06-16-2008, 08:01 AM
As has been said, stock dash, centre console, gear lever, rollcage bracing behind the main hoop, plus bonnet inlets and details under mesh on air inlet, nasa duct on left side of bonnet, hand brake,wing mirrors.

I believe Meri have done a transkit in 1/24 for the evo IV for a couple of the Italian championship cars.

Probably the big one is using the evo IV shell.

Orso
06-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Now I have something to work from.

Add your comment to this topic!