Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Overhead Rail System

mgandy
06-14-2008, 11:49 PM
I just purchased a 2005 Chevy Uplander, and I would like to move the DVD Player towards the back of the overhead rail system so my kids in the third row can see the screen better. Anybody know if that's possible?

I figured out how to remove the storage bin, but I can't move the DVD player or the light. It looks like you could slide them back on the rail, but I'm thinking that they don't move now... Just thought I'd ask in case anybody knows better than I do.

Thanks!

'97ventureowner
06-15-2008, 12:49 AM
I don't think the DVD can be moved. I think the wiring will not allow that. There is room on the railing to add up to 3 (I believe) extra bins. My '06 did not come with the option for extra bins, so I recently purchased 2 on eBay for a great price. One is a first aid kit and the other has a insert that holds all my CDs or DVDs. I also think there's another one with an insert for your sunglasses, etc. If you'll notice the separate bins have a different locking system than the DVD player, which also may be another sign that it cannot be moved. Maybe you could call a Chevy dealer and just ask them if it's possible to move it and see what they say.

Add your comment to this topic!