Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Malibu Maxx 04 XM Radio stopped

Patton_1941
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I have an 04 max with XM radio. The XM part just stopped working but the rest of the radio is fine. Do I need to replace the entire unit or is there somekind of converter under the dash I can respalce instead. It is a Delphi.... any suggestions or pointers. thanks

wpbharry
06-15-2008, 02:41 PM
My XM reception has also been intermittent for the last 2 weeks ('04 Maxx as well). I think it's an XM problem, not the radio. This happened once before, for about a month, back in Summer '05. The kids get out of school, and the XM goes out, not that that's the cause.

Give it a couple more weeks.

Ironically, my sister's '07 Maxx also has XM, but right now it's garaged (she's overseas), so she didn't renew it. A flyer came in the mail for her a week ago offering free XM for a while. THAT might be the cause.

wpbharry
06-20-2008, 06:50 AM
6/20 update. My troubles continue, and are far worse than back in '05. Figures, I just paid off the Maxx.

When I lose XM, it's because of a "Check DAB" message in the DIC. I've seen that message intermittently during the entire life of the car. If I turn off the car and then restart it, everything is fine.

I have a new theory. Last month, I had the battery replaced in a key FOB and while that one was dead, switched to the backup FOB. Now the backup is dead and the recently rebatteried one is only working intermittently. I see a dealer trip in my near future (have GMPP). I'm betting that the remote keyless receiver is on the way out, and due to the complexity and interrelatedness of all the electrics within the Body Control Module, bet that's what's causing the radio troubles. Radio presets, etc. are linked to the key FOBs.

Are you also having key FOB issues?

Add your comment to this topic!