Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

headlight mod?

thebeastjuggalo
06-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Are there any relays made to keep the lowbeams on when you turn on the high beams on a 2004 sunfire or if there is some mod u can do to the harnes to accomplish this?

Zeifer
09-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Uh, why would you want low beams on at the same time as high beams? And I'm pretty sure that's impossible to do because low/high beams run off the same bulbs. You could just get a set of foglamps.

thebeastjuggalo
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
umm well first off no they are not the same bulb, and second you have a wider light spread with low beams on with the high beams...i have done it on several cars/trucks in the past, just cant find a wire diagram for the headlights on a 04 sunfire

Classicrocjunkie
09-02-2008, 11:40 PM
The headlight systems in these cars are very touchy. I honestly wouldn't touch anything more than killing the day time running lights.

The 03+ sunfire have a completely different wiring deal for their headlights compared to the cavaliers and older sunfires.

thebeastjuggalo
09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
i was thinking of just taking a universal relay and hooking it to apply power to the lowbeam wires and have the activation switch be the highbeam wire, so that way the relay will apply power to the low beams when it gets a signal from the high

Zeifer
09-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Might I ask what the point of this is?

thebeastjuggalo
09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
like i said earlier with both on at night you get incredible light spread and can see MUCH better at night....its mainly a mod for those that do alot of night time driving...like me

Zeifer
09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Why don't you just get some HID lights?

thebeastjuggalo
09-03-2008, 09:26 PM
well hid lights are about $120 with shipping (for a decent pair that wont burn out in a month) and a relay is about $20 at the parts store

Zeifer
09-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Actually, a decent set for the Cavi/Sunfire is about 300, but the vision increase would be worth it in my opinion. Not to mention they look badass.

ZenithZ24
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Ugh, Don't put HIDs in Halogen reflective housing (What's on our cars). I know from personal experience and the $130 I wasted on my HID kit which is now sitting on the floor next to me. First, Its illegal. Second, HIDs used with reflectors cause awful glare and will blind oncoming drivers. Third, Yeah HIDs look nice on BMWs and all the luxary cars, but the kit put into stock housing looks tacky and cheap.

I'd recommend Sylvania Silverstar Ultras IMO.

And someone tell me if I'm wrong but I think that mod would be illegal as well, because I know driving with High beams and Fog lights on at the same time is illegal, here anyway.

thebeastjuggalo
09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
ya it probrobly illegal but who is really gonna notice, i mean you shut off your high beams when there is on comming traffic anyway....ive been driving cars with this mod for many yrs and have never had anyone ask me about it...so the almost non existant risk is worth the increased visibility

Zeifer
09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
It's not illegal to use high beams and fog lights here in New York.

thebeastjuggalo
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
so anone know where to get a wire diagram for the headlights?
or no if there is a trigger wire that turns on the headlights if it gets power to it, or do i have to run a wire straight to each headlight

Classicrocjunkie
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
back of a haynes manual have the wiring diagrams. I have the GM service manual with everything, but i'm not running the risk of scanning them into my computer and posting them up. Copy right infringement laws are a bitch...

Add your comment to this topic!