Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Le Sabre security light issue

KatieSab
06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I have inherited a 200 Le Sabre and am having a problem with the security light. It came on the other day when I was leaving, and I never saw the light come on before so I shut the car off. Then I went to start the car again and it would not even turn over. nothing...no electric...no nothing.

My husband changed the battery because it seems that my grandfather had never had the battery replaced and that seemed to fix the problem.

Just tonight, i went to take the car and about a mile from home, the security light came on for maybe a minute, then went off for a few minutes. It came back on...then off.

has anyone had this problem, or know how to fix it...or even disarm the security system?

Help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Katie

Swanny007
06-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Is this a factory system? Replaced the battery in what? The remote? I'm not familiar with that model, do you know if it has the chip in the key (I'm 99% sure it does).

KatieSab
06-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Everything on the car is from the dealship as he bought it brand new.
The key has something to do with the security, but it does not have a little "button" type thing on the key like my mom's has.

The battery that was replaced was the car battery.

imidazol97
06-13-2008, 08:00 AM
I have inherited a 200 Le Sabre and am having a problem with the security light. It came on the other day when I was leaving, and I never saw the light come on before so I shut the car off. Then I went to start the car again and it would not even turn over. nothing...no electric...no nothing.

Just tonight, i went to take the car and about a mile from home, the security light came on for maybe a minute, then went off for a few minutes. It came back on...then off.

Katie

When the car wouldn't turn over, did the gauges and indicator lights operate correctly, but there was just no cranking when you tried to activate the starter?

A frequent source of a security warning from one of the sensors for breakin is the trunk lock. Some people have disconnected that wire and fixed the security light.

The security has two aspects: one is the control of what key can start the car and the other is checking the integrity of the doors and trunk.

Do you have more than one of the keys to use? I'd switch to a different key, although I realize it might make no difference.

My second thought would be to carefully move and tighten the ground on the battery at the floor connections and the connections to the fuse block next to the battery and the front of the car. Weird things have happened due to poor battery cable connections with the earlier style leSabres. I know the connection from the ground side of the battery on mine was not very tight when I checked it.

Add your comment to this topic!