Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

racing brembos! light weight rotors

Black99GST
06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
what you guys think about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300232088434&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

i need some rotors to complete my brembo swap, and i really am leaning twords 2 peace rotors... so these or DBA's? anyone have any experience with these brand rotors? i'm thinking these are good, because they arent "Cheap" but then again, they are no name parts, but how hard can a ROTOR be to make? lol i guess, i could bend the hats... let me know your thoughts, perhaps i can purchase them, and just change out the hardware for stainless steal hardware, and everything will be dandy!

anything you can offer is better then what i got! :confused:

thore: i know you don't approve of my braking "needs" lets PRETEND i need them for now shall we... :smokin:

vanilla gorilla
06-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Brake rotors are definatly not a part to skimp and go cheap on. I remember reading on tuners about a guy that ran cheap rotors on his car and one of the rear rotors came apart and got lodged up in the wheel/rotating assembly and caused the car to spin out of control and run off the road and slide through a field upside down. Crazy.
But the ones you picked out look pretty hardcore.

Black99GST
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Brake rotors are definatly not a part to skimp and go cheap on. I remember reading on tuners about a guy that ran cheap rotors on his car and one of the rear rotors came apart and got lodged up in the wheel/rotating assembly and caused the car to spin out of control and run off the road and slide through a field upside down. Crazy.
But the ones you picked out look pretty hardcore.
:1: maybe i'll just bite the bullet, and go with DBA's $650 front rotors... :crying: i think i'm going to put off the rest of the brake kit untill i get my new clutch though...

Add your comment to this topic!