1988 Dodge truck fuel injection probolem

sumter
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a 1988 Dodge truck that I use off road to carry sticks and logs out of the woods. Just before it quit entirely it had trouble restarting and staying started, but I was able to get it back into its parking space. The serial number on the truck is 1B7FD04Y2Js633784.

When I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump kick in. When I applied a spark tester I got a strong spark reading. When I removed the air filter and looked into the carburetor I saw no gas being injected into it, although I did hear the Pst Pst of the injector trying to inject some gas.

A friend told me to check the ballast resistor but I never found a ballast resistor.

What is my next step in my attempt to make this truck run again?

Sandy in FL

rhandwor
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Spray some starting fluid into it if it runs. Get a pressure gage and make sure you have adequate pressure. Check the pressure with the return line pinched off. If it starts replace the pressure regulator. Check the vacuum line for the regulator if it has gas in it replace. Also use a noid light or DVOM and make sure the two injectors are getting power. You may also have a weak pump or plugged fuel filter.

fanworks
06-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Is this truck a 4bbl carb or a 2bbl TBI?

Add your comment to this topic!