Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no spark to plugs help plse

mark 1
06-11-2008, 01:47 AM
1994protege (familia)1500cc auto hi ok here's the deal my dauthers :crying: littil mazda had a small eletrictril fire,bunted distributor,leeds.cap, rotor.the odd wire or two ,sorted the wires out replaced distributor, cap,leeds, all second hand & a new rotor now we have no spark to the plugs have power to one of the six wires to top of distributor & one of the three on the side :confused::confused: :banghead: any help & info will be greatly appresated thank you mark

rhandwor
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Did you install a new rotor?

mark 1
06-21-2008, 01:44 AM
yes i did install a new rotor (bosch)

rhandwor
06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Pull the distrubutor cap have somebody try to start the car. The rotor should turn make sure it is seater properly in the lock tab. Use an ohm meter and check for continuity from the tip to the spring on top. Then use an ohm meter and check for continuity from the button for the rotor spring to the wire opening for the coil wire. Ohm all plug wires the only run about 1/2 scale on the meter.
Use a wiring diagram and make sure all wires are in the proper hole in the distributor cap and on the proper plugs.
I found on the cars with two plugs per cylinder that aftermarket distributor caps caused me problems. I was using NAPA brand the top of the line after market electrical parts.
As only one is firing it sounds odd is this plug on the coil as the distributor has to turn for spark. Make sure you have a plug wiring diagram.

rhandwor
07-07-2010, 05:20 AM
nervous...
Take your time and do one item at a time. You will find the trouble.

Add your comment to this topic!