Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking For a Car

DatFlow
06-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Hey everyone, Quick background to give you an idea...

I'm 15 year's old, and I'm searching for a car to buy in early 09' (feb, after income tax comes in) I have within 5-7 thousand to buy a car with. I definatly want a CAR... Heres where it gets chiche...

I want a standered coupe. Something that I can find aftermarket parts rather easy with, something that I can easily modify and tune, both physically and under the hood (both... definatly). I don't really want a Civic, because their EVERYWHERE. I also would LOVE something cheaper on the insurance. As cheap as I can, although I know its still going to hurt.

Any help is highly appreicated. 2d or 4d, depending on styling, Mostly looking for a 2d coupe, but latly a 4d is slowly looking better, but not much better... lol

Thanks everyone, I'll be watching this thread...

enderx475
06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Ok... I have a couple suggestions for you. Look into a Honda Prelude... pretty cool looking cars, cheap, reliable, quick, moddable. Acura Integras are also great, Nissan Sentra SE-R is another... theres quite a few options. One much more rare car which I am absolutely in love with, but is very difficult to find, is a Volkswagen Corrado... if you do find one, try to get a VR6.
Cheers

autolender
06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I agree with the Prelude, but your biggest concern is going to be able to pay the insurance everymonth when your carrier finds out all of the mods that you've done to the car.

You're not gonna have fun with your new car if all of your money is going to the mods and insurance, with none left over for gas.

drdisque
06-14-2008, 11:03 AM
If you want something cheaper to insure, you might want to look at a Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, Ford Focus ZX3 or ZX5 (these are reliable cars, don't let the Ford haters who have never actually driven or owned one tell you otherwise), or '01+ Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (don't look at the GS, it's too slow - I don't particularly like the V6 Eclipses, but a lot of their owners do, you might too).

Charger02
06-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree, an Eclipse or a Prelude would be a great starter car for you. I had a Ford Probe as my first car and it didn't cause me any problems even though I bought it at a car auction.

autofinance
07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
One of the increasingly popular methods of finding auto loans is through the link removed by Moderator - unauthorized advertising, due to many companies now moving into the industry. With many young people looking for car loans the market is huge and now many companies are starting to offer loans for people with good or bad credit. If you want to start looking for a loan online then you'll need to make sure you do the research. It will take more than a few days to find an auto loan because you need to make sure that you're getting a good deal.

Add your comment to this topic!