Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2g Coil Question????

SySt3mR00t
06-09-2008, 11:57 PM
ok first off ... can anyone PLEASE tell me what the little silver cylinder is that is bolted by 1 bolt to the intake manifold on the timing belt side and has 1 black wire running to it. this fell off my car and I lost it and now my car will not start? is this possible .. what is the roll of this little cylinder. and what is the name... also I have a new power transister i put in to try and diagnose this problem. and also will a 1g coil pack work on a 2g or must it be a 2g coil pack... thanks soo much in advance! :banghead:

4g63gst20
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
i was told once that is like a trasnsistor, i cant remember the words this guy said but it's so that your engine noise wont go to your speakers.

SySt3mR00t
06-14-2008, 02:42 PM
ye i ended up replacing it and still no spark... i changed the transister and still no spark... i only have a spare 1g coil but im still not getting spark... I am wondering if a 1g coil will work on a 2g ? does anyone know.... thanks tons in advance

4g63gst20
06-14-2008, 05:25 PM
should work, i believe the only difference is the firing order.

kjewer1
06-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Are you getting fuel? If you've changed the coil and transistor module and still getting no spark the next most likely culprits are the CAS and the ECU. If you are not getting the trigger to the injectors as well it's more likely to be the CAS. Remove the CAS (you'll have to set base timing after you do this, so make sure you have a timing light and know how to do it), turn the key on, and turn the cas by hand. You should hear the pump prime and hear the injectors clicking, and see spark if you have a connected spark plug laying out on something grounded where you can see it. This is all true for a 2g, and I'm 99% sure it's true for a 1g as well.

Add your comment to this topic!