A/C Problem with my 06 Hemi Charger

terrymaiorana
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
My compressor won't engage. All fuses are good. Also tried switching all relays around trying to move the problem to something else. No change. Checked for voltage at compressor connector when on in auto and manual A/C mode. I got no voltage at connector. I could really use a wiring diagram or some tech. help to trace the problem. I'm not sure if I have a bad wire or connection somewhere. I also would like to know which relays are for what. They are not labled in the owners manual. Any help anyone can give would be great!!! Thank-you

rhandwor
06-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Look for any areas of oily deposits. If you lose you the charge of R134 the compressor clutch won't engage. Look for a pressure switch near the filter dryer you can jump. You can't install refrigerant unless the compressor is running. Any leak needs repaired and the system vacuumed out before refilling.

terrymaiorana
06-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I have tried jumping out the pressure switch. The clutch will start for about 2 or 3 seconds then stop. I would have thought that if I jumpered out the pressure switch then the clutch would start and stay running? Is this normal or maybe I have a clutch problem? Thank-you for any and all info.

rhandwor
06-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I have had a problem on a ford and I got a replacement at a junk yard for the clutch. They use a magnet to pull the plate on the front in. Their should be a ground for the clutch near the compressor. Check this out. I would use a test light and check for power to the clutch.
http://www.alldata.com/ sells a years service for $25.00 this is worth the money if you having a wiring problem. They have good wiring diagrams. Print it off if you buy a years subscription.

DAB77
06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I have tried jumping out the pressure switch. The clutch will start for about 2 or 3 seconds then stop. I would have thought that if I jumpered out the pressure switch then the clutch would start and stay running? Is this normal or maybe I have a clutch problem? Thank-you for any and all info.

you may have excessive high pressure tripping the high pressure switch. You need to get a set of gauges installed and find out first if you have any refrigerant and if you do then you need to find out what the pressure readings are when you have the low pressure switch jumpered and when the clutch kicks out. then post the results

Add your comment to this topic!