Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Body Control Module (bcm)

FISH96
06-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Hello To All:

Is Anyone Able To Verify A Pattern Failure For The Body Control Module (bcm) On All Model Malibus From 1998 Through 2004?

Regards,
Fish96

bearcatdon
06-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello To All:

Is Anyone Able To Verify A Pattern Failure For The Body Control Module (bcm) On All Model Malibus From 1998 Through 2004?

Regards,
Fish96

I would search this site but I've never heard of any mass bcm failures.

FISH96
06-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Dear B,
Thanks. I Did Search The Site First, And Found No Recurring Theme On Failures Or A Pattern. To Cover All Bases I Thought I Would Ask The Vast Audience That Uses This Site.

Have A Nice Father's Day And Regards,
Fish96

famous amos
11-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I suspect the BCM, here are the symptoms, all intermittant:
Auto Headlights do not turn on, work manually
Fuel Gauge inop
Service engine soon light comes on (ck eng light on steady already)
codes p0135, p0443, p0449

Turn off ignition and back on and problems may go away

I suspect the EVap codes are related to the gas gauge failure

I'm thinking BCM

jyount
11-15-2010, 04:34 PM
The auto headlights and the fuel gauge my be common to bcm, but I doubt that is your trouble. Who cares about the headlights, troubleshoot other stuff first. You may have a bcm or instrument cluster ground problem. Most like the fuel gauge is due to the fuel level sensor, that is very common on these cars. The codes may be due to the sender itself, or other parts. Those codes deal with the ECU not the bcm. The first response of people who don't know how to troubleshoot is that it just needs a new computer, wasted of money. When in reality, us mechanics know that that is extremely uncommon. Troubleshoot it with some schematics. Sounds like you have multiple problems.

Add your comment to this topic!