Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone had any luck with power programmers??

Jason in GA
06-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have used a power programmer to up the mileage or Hp, or really anything. If so how did it work out for you, I’m thinking of trying one for the purpose of seeing any type of mpg gain. Any recommendations or words of wisdom.

Thanks.

Khill
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM
im getting a stage 1 JET power control module in a couple of days here. I will let you know what happens.

its a chip, not a programmer, but JET is one of the leading companies in the area.

Jason in GA
06-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Khill thanks for the reply. Please keep us in the loop, let us know what your experience is with the product.
Is there an advantage to going with the new chip as opposed to the programmer?

Khill
06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
The chip is esentially a set program. Put the chip in, the engine works differently, take it out and youre stock again. The programmer, on the other hand, if you get a good one can modify lots of things (or claim to). The Hypertech Max Energy programmer (http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A3637A0A0A2651166.aspx), for instance, can modify tuning, shift points, shift firmness, rev limiter, top speed limiter, recalibrate tire size, and check/clear DTC.

Another place to look would be PCMforless.com I have heard good things about them. You send in your computer (yeah the whole thing) they flash it with new stuff and you get it back. They also can ship you loaner computers to use while yours is away.

Khill
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
JET chips = AVOID

I got the thing today and was unimpressed out of box. It felt really light, almost as if it had nothing in it. I went out to install it and when I tried to put the wire harness on, it wasnt a tight fit whatsoever so much as a speed bump would make it fall off. I called JET to make sure it was right for my vehicle and they said it was and sounds like I got a manufacturer defect. They said go back to the place you bought it from and return it. I am doing so for a refund, Bad impression and not willing to risk my engine on a 200 dollar piece of plastic. I felt so much like smashing it with a hammer, but then I wouldnt be able to return it...

The initial design seems weird anyways, to install it you remove the bolt from the center wire harness and put the chip in its place. Then you bolt the chip on and let the wire harness just sort of hang off the side with no security. If you ask me, it looks like another scam to get people out of their money.

Add your comment to this topic!