Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wheel Bearings on 2000 Bravada

tlane276
06-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I hafta replace the wheel bearings in my 2000 Bravada. Ive never done it but it looks sorta easy. Any advice or tips on how to do this? It only makes noise when Im turning left or going straight so would the mean its my right front tire? Is it best to replace both sides on the front?

Chris Stewart
06-10-2008, 08:30 AM
The passenger side front is what went bad on my '97.
Use jackstands set proper to hold your Bravada up.
I planned on a whole day, took my time and had a pleasant time doing it.
A manual is helpful if you haven't done it before.
If I had to do it again, I would've installed it using the original wheel speed sensor....the wire on the new hub cracked less than a year later but I'd kept the old one so I re-installed it no problem.

tlane276
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
The passenger side front is what went bad on my '97.
Use jackstands set proper to hold your Bravada up.
I planned on a whole day, took my time and had a pleasant time doing it.
A manual is helpful if you haven't done it before.
If I had to do it again, I would've installed it using the original wheel speed sensor....the wire on the new hub cracked less than a year later but I'd kept the old one so I re-installed it no problem.

Is there a way to tell which wheel it is? it makes noise while driving straight or turning left. when i turn the wheel right, no noise.

Chris Stewart
06-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Yup, veering left made my noise worse. I raised both front wheels and wiggling them with my hands at 12:00 and 6:00, I could just barely feel some freeplay at the passenger side wheel.

tlane276
06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Yup, veering left made my noise worse. I raised both front wheels and wiggling them with my hands at 12:00 and 6:00, I could just barely feel some freeplay at the passenger side wheel.

my local auto parts store doesnt carry the manual for my bravada (or the same year blazer). do you know of a step by step diagram somewhere online that i can print out?

Add your comment to this topic!