Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

silverado 95 ESC sensor and Module

Florenciosc
06-06-2008, 02:22 AM
I have a problem, I have been reading about ESC problems with module, and sensor, most of them talks about the sensor wiring, but in my truck its okay. Can any one tell me how to test the sensor and module? And I have another question, the conector for the ESC module is a 4 pin female conector, but the module has a 5 pin, Is this right? The ECM does light up a 43 code. Thanks.:banghead:

Florenciosc
06-08-2008, 12:52 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/c:\code43(1)http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/c:\code43(2)Ok, something wrong here, my truck has an ESC module, and I saw one 1995 like mine and a 1994 both trucks, and has the female harness that was conected to this module is conected to a male harness that goes to the back of the engine. The thing is that when I looked for the male harness on the back of the engine, I didnt find it. So could any one tell me from where I could trace it, in order to conect it to the female harness. I attached the pics. The engine on my truck is not the original one, they putted one in from a junk yard. Any help? thanks. This is giving me a code 43.
pics on http://cid-b13d0219caced3a4.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

MT-2500
06-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I would talk to the they that are installing the engine.
It is the installers job to take of stuff like that.
Is the new engine the same engine code as the old one?
In 94-95 there is at least 3-4 different PCM / VCM engine control system.
Is the old and new engine TBI fuel injection?
If the new engine is different sensors and modules and dist and or fuel injetion it is take the stuff off of old engine and install it on new engine to match your trucks Computer system.
MT

Florenciosc
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your time, answering me. Ok, this truck i bought from a cousin, they themselves installed the engine, previous engine, and present are t.b.i. 5.7. They told me they had to change two or three things that were slightly diferent. About the codes, they dont know about that. I tried to check a wiring diagram of engine compartment in the autozone page, but truth is I dont understand a bit. The truck runs, Im using it, but it feels like if I were hauling a heavy load all the time. As you were telling me I thing they miss to change a component, from which the wire harness is missing, or I'm not looking in the correct place.

Florenciosc
06-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Today I finally looked at a truck just like mine. This one had no check engine light on, and as for the harness, this truck has no connection to it, so Im guessing this conector is only used when the trucks are 4x4, because, as I was writing yesterday, both trucks I Looked were 4x4. So as for the 43 code, I checked the wire is not grounded, and could any one tell me how to check correctly if the Knock sensor is faulty, because as I been reading threads, they tell that if the knock sensor is okay, the problem would be with the ECM. Could anyone help?

MT-2500
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Most of the time the wiring is bad or knock sensor plugin is not connected or is bad.
Bets to get a good repair manual or a all data online sub and get and go threw the code 43 repair flow chart.
There is 3 different setups on knock sensors.
So match your truck to the right setup.
Single or dual sensors and with or without spark control module.
http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html
Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
MT

Florenciosc
06-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Ok, here I go again, I took it personal with this trouble code. Since a lot of work done with no luck, my search has narrowed to the ESC sensor (knock) or ECM. I have tested the sensor, I got a haynes manual were I was told to check resistance, and it says it should be from 3200 to 4500 ohms. The sensor in my truck marks only 1000 ohms. So Im planning to change the sensor. So I took it off, and came with the following part number DR018 2262. I tried to locate this part number in the web and at dealer, and told me this is no original part number, and with dealer they gave me about three options. The part number in the old sensor, I cant locate, dont know brand, to trace the OEM number that this was a substitute for, with no luck. can anyone tell me where to look? Since Im going to buy this, I want it to be the correct part. Thanks.VIN 1gcec19kose184708

MT-2500
06-17-2008, 08:34 AM
A good dealer can match and get the right part from your vin no.

Add your comment to this topic!