Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking at a salvage title, but...

Proximity
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
..I don't think it was in an accident. I did the carfax on it and while the CARFAX does say that it's a salvage title but it doesn't say it was in an accident or totaled or any floor/electrical problems. Here is the ad: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=245469119 Do you think it's possible the car was just stolen at one point or something like that and maybe there isn't any damage at all?

I'm gonna try giving the guy a call tomorrow and talk to him and I'm wondering what questions should I ask? Obviously I'll ask about the basic, but what should I ask him about the salvage title specifically? Obviously I'll ask why but what else should I ask?

And any other opinions as well please.

Thanks a lot to anyone who answers

Ray paulsen
06-02-2008, 08:33 AM
The seller nowhere in his description mention salvage title and is waiting for a buyer that has not checked history, I am happy to see you done some homework.
Asking $5,500 for a vehicle with 51K thats worth a touch over $10,000 should tell you to stay away, ask the guy why so cheap and how come he did not disclose Salvage in his Description

Add your comment to this topic!