96 Corsica Electrical Issues

Woulfe
05-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Hello. I have a problem with my corsica while driving. So far, it has given me 2 codes, the O2 sensor and Air sensor. As for the electrical, just recently I had replaced the battery since it died on me, only to have it die again the next day. I was thinking that the alternater has gone bad, but had it tested after getting the battery charged and showed the alternator as good.

Now for the driving part: I have noticed that the battery light came on (and still is) then followed up by the ABS light and then one other light before stumbling hard, all through out the rpm/speed range, to the point where I needed to pull over and turn it off. After letting it cool off, it will no longer start. It will crank slightly but not turn over, like a dead battery sign. Also, I have noticed the engine has been getting hot, and unfortunately, my temp gauge is bouncing between accurate readings to maxed out hot. If any of you can give me some good leads on where to look to get this problem sorted out, it would be much appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!