Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Idle issue.

JBS
05-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey there I am working on my mother-in-laws 92 Acura Vigor and I am stumped. When sitting at idle the car seems to miss every once and a while sometimes more often the not. The idle drops then it picks back up again. However when in gear ( it is an Automatic) the idle drops too far and the engine light comes on putting the car into safe mode I think because it wont go higher then 2800 rpm. I thought maybe it was a fuel fikter or injector problem but after running injector cleaner and replaceing the filter it is still doing it. Is there any way to check the computer for the sensor codes?

Edit: I thought I would add that even when the car is in gear the motor misses but the light wont come on until you try to give it fuel then the idle drops to about 500-600 rpm followed by the check engine light .

somick
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Did you check wirers, plugs, distributor cap?

lessthanwise
08-22-2008, 04:30 AM
distributor...get a helms manual and follow their proceedure for checking your icm and igniter coil...

wreckchord
11-28-2008, 01:12 AM
You likely have a lack of refrigerant, caused by a leak. I had the same thing, exact symptoms, a while back and my evaporator coil was leaking. Major surgery to replace.

Add your comment to this topic!