Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 ABS light SES light

Cbierniat
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Im here posting for my buddy again... every so often his ABS light will come on and so will his SES simultaneously and stay on until the car is shut off. I told him to take his car to autozone to get the quick cheap scan for the codes on the SES but the ABS Im not sure.. is that sensor related? Any experience this before??

xeroinfinity
05-27-2008, 10:23 PM
yes you would need an ABS capable scan tool and most autozones dont use those, some advance autos do though none around where I live.

J-Ri
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, most of those scanners only make it easier for them to sell parts, and a lot of the time the person working there doesn't know how to use them or what a code means, even if the scan tool is capable.

Make sure the tire pressures are even, if one or more are low it can cause the wheel speed to read low and turn on the light.

homeskillit37
06-01-2008, 12:35 AM
if the trac off light comes on too it could just be a loose connection to the speed sensor in the wheel hubs. First thing to try is clean up the connections and make sure they are seating good. If they are loose when you hit a bump all the lights will come on until you shut the car off. I have to do mine every 6 months or so because the wires get pulled loose.

xeroinfinity
06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
i've never had my lights come on from a low tire and I've had a few flats over the years.

Those wires are a problem, a little short IMO.
Just another way GM was pinching pennies. :rolleyes:

Add your comment to this topic!