Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 monte carlo cruise control

kickinwayne2010
05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi,
I have a 1999 monte carlo ls with the 3.1 liter v6 engine. Currently, the cruise control isn't working. I changed the fuse on the passenger side of the dashboard, and it still doesn't work. Is there any other simple things i can try to fix the cruise control.

misio66661
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey I have the same problem with my 98 monte carlo :( My cruise control worked for few weeks, then it went out :( It wont turn on and I have no idea which fuse to change :)

lydiastoy
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
My 2003 monte carlo just started doing the same thing. The cruise control light stays on and I also noticed that the heater/a/c won't turn on when the cruise control light is on. I also just noticed that when I move the speed control of the vent to number 3 the cruise control light turns off but the vent/heater/a/c still won't come on. Any bumps while driving also makes it go off and on.

The mechanic that I took it to had a hard time finding the answer but for some reason, he doesn't know, the cruise control light stayed off and the vent/heater/a/c worked, so I went to pick it up. It last only a week when the light came back on.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, I take it back to the mechanic next week?
Thanks!

Schrade
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Vacuum control (leaks), and a cruise disengage switch on the brake pedal are common problems on cruise control.

Army68
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I started to have the same problem with me Cruise Control. Its seems that my Shift solenoid (for 1st & 2nd gear) is gone out and my speed control sensor went out also. The sensor is only 15.00 at auto zone and the solenoid is 29.99. but these can affect the criuse control to not want to engage. the speed sensor controls wheel speed and the solenoid controls the shifting between gears. Give those a try and then have to codes erased.

Army68
11-15-2009, 04:37 PM
the cruise control on a 99 monte is electronic .. no vaccuum involved

Add your comment to this topic!