Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Chris_0908
05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
I have a 1996 Passat GLS 2.0 5 speed. Here's the deal, I knew the car needed work when I got it. It needed a good tune up, Mass Air Flow, and brakes, so I bought it thinking that was it and because I'm mechanicly inclinded I figured I'd save some cash by doing it myself. Well I think there is something else wrong with it, I don't know what the normal redline is on it, and I think the computer might be shot because it only redlines at 4,000 even when driving, the car is a blast to drive. Is that the normal redline or am I just crazy, I've only seen desiels redline at that. Then the other issue, on monday I had a garage change the passenger axel and puter tie rod end, and it was shaking like a s.o.b., and the garage said it was just because it needed an alignment, well I had work for a couple days and was on my way to a shop to get the alignment done, when I was driving from a light and the tranny gives out (so I thought at the spir of the moment), speedo still worked it seemed like the tranny was fine because I put the car in gear the car shook as if it was on cocaine in all the gears. Pushing it off the road i noticed that there was a knocking noise coming from the car, so I crawled under the car to see what was wrong and the passenger axel was out of the tranny and all 6 bolts that were suppose to be in there were missing, not even on the ground where she died either. So I'm hoping his screw up, that he has to repair didn't cost me my tranny. Also does anyone know where the computer is in the car?????

Add your comment to this topic!