Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 clio 1.4 energy running problem help required

bobmaf
05-26-2008, 08:36 AM
i know that i probably wont get any help on here but here go`s

i have a 1998 renault clio 1.4rt energy engine single point injection when its running on tick over the whole car vibrates and its sounds like it isnt happy the engine.
when your driving its sluggish and i have tested the top end speed and hit 95mph on a 5 mile stretch of the M6 it was no where near the limiter and i know for a fact they are faster that that as ive had them before.

And its rediculas on fuel were talking 100miles £30 in fuel and thats driving steady.

Things i have had checked so far..- spark plugs, emmissions, fuel filter, ecu, injector unit, cat, full exhaust system.

i personally tried something a freind has a 98 1.2clio and he broke his lamda sensor off and his car ran like crap so i unplugged the lamda sensor on my 1.4i and it made no difference at all ??????????

Please help me
cheers rob

bobmaf
05-31-2008, 07:49 AM
That Says It All I Posted This A Week Or So Back And I Aint Even Received A Single reply cheers for no help

Herodot
06-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Have you check your sensors over the engine? Check MAP sensor, Engine coolant sensor and etc... Check it in Autodata, Esi Tronic and other programs for automobiles. In these programs is described the way that your car "feels" when some part is broken down. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!