Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Swiss cheese (Airbox) mod question.

Christoferlee
05-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Hello guys, I just signed up for these forums and just wonderd what the Swiss cheese mod was. I did a search for it, but couldn't find anything. Isn't it just cutting holes in your intake box (before the filter), to let in a better air flow?

Also, I'm going to grind down the restrictor plate on the TB. Any tips for me before, while, and after I do it? I'm the kind of guy that likes to know as much as I can before I do somthing.

One last thing, will touching my positive and negitive power cords together reset my chip in order for it to 'relearn' the new modification to my TB? (Just what I've read)

Please correct me on anything I said or didn't say.

2000 Chevy LS S10 Pickup 4.3L V6

bearcat329
05-26-2008, 11:01 AM
yes just drill a few 2 inch holes in the airbox , i'd say on the front, bottom and fenderside of the box. also install a K&N filter
the restrictor plate mod is pretty easy, just remove the 2 torx screws, turn the plate to straight up and down, and slide it out the top, clamp the plate in a vise, and use a hacksaw to cut the plate off, smooth the cut edges off, and re-install.
as far as resetting the chip? i have no info on that,, my understanding on clearing the comp memory, is to unhook the battery for a length of time?
i recently added the fuel-max mod to my 96 blazer, paperwork says it would be approx 200 miles before the system worked with the mod to be fully effective
hth
Rick, Ore

ZL1power69
05-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I would only drill holes in the front of the airbox to avoid drawing in hot air from the engine compartment. As for the computer, there is no "chip". Unhook the negative battery cable for 15min or more to reset the computer. The computer will relearn the new conditions on its own after some drive time.

Christoferlee
05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Helped me out alot! (This is my new favorite website!)

Add your comment to this topic!