Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yay for accidents...

GForce957
05-23-2008, 12:57 AM
:frown:

Got into a wreck today with the stang, still hasn't fully sunk in yet. I was heading to my friends apt to go to the pool when I realized I had forgotten my change of clothes, so I headed back home. About a mile from the house (when most accidents happen supposedly, chalk me up as another statistic) I came across an intersection where I had the green light going straight. Right before I enter the middle of it a Durango in front of me has the awesome idea of turning left. Time stops and I look at any way I can get out of it, which is absolutely nothing. Cars all around, no way to avoid it. I try and glance off him and end up hitting him on the driver side fender/bumper, while he takes a blow to the bumper that I could have lugied at and done more damage. The collision sends my car into the right turn lane of the other street, luckily no one was there. I was unhurt and so was the other driver and his friend.

Minimum, I need a new hood, bumper, driver's headlight, driver's fender, and I think it cracked my radiator. Worst case, totalled. The other driver got a ticket for it, and I called my insurance company and told them what happened, they will have some people look at it where the tow truck took it to, a local body shop.

The thing that I saw that worried me about it being a total loss was that in the engine bay the side was pushed up and crumpled, which i hope isn't frame damage. I didnt have a camera on me, but Im going to check it out later on and post some pics.

This isn't my car, but it's basically the same thing. See where the black wire coming from the battery is on the right side? Right where the battery is got pushed in. Would that be fixable or considered totalled??

http://www.mach1registry.org/photopost/data/501/882Engine_Bay.jpg

Not the best day I've ever had.

TorchedStealth
05-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear that man...best of luck with the fix. I want to see that beast back on the road ASAP!

Chiquae07
05-23-2008, 01:47 AM
i was gonna say, isnt yours green?

sucks for being a statistic. and i know you just got it basically. that sucks big time. hoping for no frame damage, and if they say its not totaled, demand that they use oem parts. might be able to get a carbon hood outta this if its infact cheaper than the oem one :)

silentscreams85
05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
sorry to hear that. i would have cried personally. cars can be repaired, not always the case w/ a person.

GForce957
05-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Woke up today with my neck pretty sore, gonna see the doctor tomorrow. I've talked to the insurance people with my side of the story, hopefully they will check the car out soon and it won't be totaled. If it is, then I paid less then KBB value for it and I will make some cash out of it.

Even still, i'd just rather have my car back... :(

carrrnuttt
05-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Goddamned Durango drivers. They're all assholes. :redface:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to hear about the 'Stang, man. What happened to the Durango driver? Did he at least get a ticket?

VR43000GT
05-24-2008, 11:22 AM
What happened to the Durango driver? Did he at least get a ticket?

The other driver got a ticket for it, and I called my insurance company and told them what happened, they will have some people look at it where the tow truck took it to, a local body shop.

:wink:

carrrnuttt
05-24-2008, 12:27 PM
:wink:

Late night + cold medication overdose = :loser:

stwatson
05-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Woke up today with my neck pretty sore, gonna see the doctor tomorrow. I've talked to the insurance people with my side of the story, hopefully they will check the car out soon and it won't be totaled. If it is, then I paid less then KBB value for it and I will make some cash out of it.

Even still, i'd just rather have my car back... :(

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Work it baby work it! Get some compensation and then you can use the emotional damage money to mod the car more!!

GForce957
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
*Update*

I didn't end up going to the doctor because I felt fine right after my last post, talked to state farm (his insurance company) and they are taking full responsibility. They are paying for the repair (if its not totaled) and its being taking to a local ford dealership. They are also paying for a rental car in the meantime.

Hello Chrysler Sebring!! :shakehead

Oh well, at least I am mobile. Now I'm just waiting to hear back on how bad the damage is. Been thinking about possible vehicle choices if it is in fact totaled. FD rx-7 with an ls1 in it sounds pretty good to me. I just have to find one in my area thats not $25k which is what it seems all are from my looking today.

stwatson
06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
plenty of nice Acura's out there:)

lamehonda
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Don't forget to drive that sebring like you stole it.

GForce957
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I think we have covered the acura market in the area pretty well haha, I'm gonna do something a little different.

You, Nick (for however long he still has it), Adam, that Hawaiian dude, Dustin, and like 30 more ppl all have them.

lamehonda
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I doubt yours will be totalled. That whole fender is one piece right? all they would have to do is paint one and put it on. Use your pain and suffering money to turbo your car.

GForce957
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
The sebring is god awful, its slow as piss and it understeers more then a boat. I took a turn at 20 and almost ran off the road.

Well the fender is one piece, plus I need a headlight, radiator, hood, bumper, and I dunno what else. its possible i have frame damage

It got taken to the main Ford dealership today so they will be looking at it and hopefully getting back to me pronto

stwatson
06-03-2008, 07:59 AM
The sebring is god awful, its slow as piss and it understeers more then a boat. I took a turn at 20 and almost ran off the road.

Well the fender is one piece, plus I need a headlight, radiator, hood, bumper, and I dunno what else. its possible i have frame damage

It got taken to the main Ford dealership today so they will be looking at it and hopefully getting back to me pronto

Im interested to see how this turns out because I want to see how much money this "little" (and I say little because its not like Nicks wrapped around a tree and obvious) damage costs. It will give me a better idea of how expensive it is to do this kind of work. I wish you could steal Tiff's camera again and take pics of it.

I also want to see a pic of the sebring with at least 2ft of air between itself and the ground with you hanging out the window naked and with a beer:thumbsup:

93rollaracer
06-03-2008, 01:59 PM
I also want to see a pic of the sebring with at least 2ft of air between itself and the ground with you hanging out the window naked and with a beer:thumbsup:

I second this motion.

GForce957
06-03-2008, 02:28 PM

Get the camera and I'll get the ramp and beer.

GForce957
06-05-2008, 12:49 PM
*Little Update*

Capital Ford called me today, the estimate is currently $7300, which is more then I paid for it in the first place. The Enterprise lady who picked me up said if the estimate is more then 40% of the cars KBB they would consider it totalled. I don't know how true that is, sounds like it, in which case I would be getting a new car.

MZR_47
06-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Helloooooo Turbo PT Cruiser!!!!

Sad to see that the Bullitt may be doneskees, but hey. Nothing wrong with a new (to you) car now is there? Your ass better be driving something with atleast 400whp or I will be severely disappointed in you.

GForce957
06-06-2008, 03:31 AM
The goal is an FD with an LS1, so low 300whp to start, but in a car under 3,000 lbs that should be pretty fun. After some time we will see where the power ends up...

I will be getting some pics up soon, went to the collision center today to get some stuff out of the trunk, it was def a sad day, all I could do was stare at it :(

stwatson
06-09-2008, 07:29 AM
The goal is an FD with an LS1, so low 300whp to start, but in a car under 3,000 lbs that should be pretty fun. After some time we will see where the power ends up...

I will be getting some pics up soon, went to the collision center today to get some stuff out of the trunk, it was def a sad day, all I could do was stare at it :(

the sad thing is he couldnt even get inside the fence to stare. He had to stand on the outside of the fence and look in:crying: It was sad...and kinda funny:). New car project will be a blast though. Cant wait to see this one come through.

I still think you need some pics of the sebring showing off its skillz

GForce957
06-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Its 10mph understeer off a road skillz?

Or I could do the Run with it haha, that would get all of about 5 feet

CassiesMan
06-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Nix the FD/LS1 Idea. This is God's way of telling you to stop wasting your money with the Bullit and get an 03/04 Cobra. Kenne Bell for the win...

Or one of those fucking sick ass Twin Turbo Cobras like the HPP one I saw. And add Dodge Durrango to your death list.

GForce957
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I can't get an 03 cobra, let alone put a kenne bell on it, dont have the cash, the bullitt was only 7k.

State Farm thinks it is repairable, even with the damage being more then I paid for it, so i might be talking to them tomorrow to try and get it considered totaled.

CassiesMan
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I can't get an 03 cobra, let alone put a kenne bell on it, dont have the cash, the bullitt was only 7k.

State Farm thinks it is repairable, even with the damage being more then I paid for it, so i might be talking to them tomorrow to try and get it considered totaled.

It has alot more to do with the actual damage itself then the cost of the damage. That 40% figure is waaaay off. When I got in my last accident with the BMW, it needed a new front bumper, hood, passenger side front fender, and passenger side skirt. Over all cost was like, 8 grand (parts/installation/paint), the KBB on her was only 15. My insurance still paid it because there was no airbag deployment and no frame damage at all (10mph crash).

lamehonda
06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
What you need is a Trans Am and a mullet. The total high performance package on a budget baby!

-The Stig-
06-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm all for the mullet.

Wooo baby!

GForce957
06-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Well I've always wanted a WS6 haha, black with t tops. It's one of the cars im looking for once I talk to state farm and get this sorted out tomorrow.

The mullet would only really work for me if I got out myjean jacket with the torn off sleeves and a dragon on the back.

(no i dont really have that)

(yet)

-The Stig-
06-11-2008, 12:31 AM
The mullet would only really work for me if I got out myjean jacket with the torn off sleeves and a dragon on the back.

(no i dont really have that)

(yet)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MENS-LUCKY-BRAND-JEANS-JACKET-SHIRT-DRAGON-XS-108_W0QQitemZ220185848033QQihZ012QQcategoryZ57990Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em118Q2el1247
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

stwatson
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MENS-LUCKY-BRAND-JEANS-JACKET-SHIRT-DRAGON-XS-108_W0QQitemZ220185848033QQihZ012QQcategoryZ57990Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp163 8Q2em118Q2el1247
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
O

M

G

OMG

GForce957
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Sexy!

State Farm thinks its repairable still, as the damage isn't 75% of the cars worth, however they have yet to go to the Ford dealership where my car is at to look at it. Talked to Tony at Ford, the guy who is doing my car, and he said that off the record he thinks it's totaled.

So I'm basically in limbo here, State Farm is dragging their feet (which is retarded since they are paying like 25 bucks a day for my rental) and I will be asking for monetary compensation for all the time they have wasted.

CassiesMan
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Sexy!

State Farm thinks its repairable still, as the damage isn't 75% of the cars worth, however they have yet to go to the Ford dealership where my car is at to look at it. Talked to Tony at Ford, the guy who is doing my car, and he said that off the record he thinks it's totaled.

So I'm basically in limbo here, State Farm is dragging their feet (which is retarded since they are paying like 25 bucks a day for my rental) and I will be asking for monetary compensation for all the time they have wasted.

Go back and talk to Tony with a tape recorder or a hidden wire. Ask him what he thinks and why he thinks its totalled...

stwatson
06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Sexy!

Damn man. I would be giving the State Farm idiots fucking hell right now. I hate it when they drag their feet. Happened once and they NEVER dragged their feet again. I was all over them. 3-4 times a day I would call and make sure they didnt put me on the back burner.

If Tony thinks its totaled then I wouldnt worry. If State Farm says they will pay for the repairs then fine. Ford is just giving the a QUOTE...this is an estimate. After State Farm tried to screw you over and repair it...tell Ford that you want this thing polished and perfect...EVEN if the price of the repair goes up...cause its not coming out of your pocket. I would start pointing out EVERY blemish on the car and say it needs to be fixed. Fuck insurance companies trying to screw you over. Shit pisses me off.

GForce957
06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
*UPDATE*

So last week (I think it was Friday) State Farm still hadn't gone to check out my car, but I got some mail from them. Open it up and there is a check for $7k and change to cover the cost of repairs. I was like wtf! Call up Ford, they were still waiting on State Farm to look at the car, because they thought it was totaled.

State Farm called me yesterday, asking why I hadn't cashed the check yet, to which I respond that they needed to look at the car, as Ford had a difference of opinion then they did. Get a call back today from State Farm, they FINALLY went to look at it, lo and behold it's considered totaled.

Now I have to wait again for the insurance money.

Interesting sidenote- When I had bought the car, it had been in a previous accident, thats why I got it for cheap. Ford said that the repair had been crap, they had used a wrong strut and that it probably wasnt the best idea to drive. Comforting.

Add your comment to this topic!