Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turning GT taillights into Clear for non-GT Plz Help

Gordon325
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
So, i know there is a way to turn Grand Am GT tailights into a sort of "makeshift euro-or-altezza" "clear" taillights that will fit onto a Grand Am "non-GT" this is all i know so far in order to do it, you need a set of GT tail lights (any year from what i understand) and a pair of stock tail lights.. from there i do not know, i can buy a tutorial off of ebay for an easy 6 dollars but to be honest free is always good to. so if anyone knows a tut. or could help me out that would be great again here is the gist.

I have a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, i want clear "altezza-esk" tail lights. Altezza's are not made for 95 and lower, plz help.

Thanks!!

~~Gordon:)

grfnkl
05-23-2008, 11:25 AM
What you would need to do is buy a set of GT tails from a 92-95 grand am gt. Pretty much what you would need to do is heat up the outter seal with a heat gun or hair dryer, and slowly cut away the sealant and peeling back the front clear lense. once you remove that then you would have to pop off the red lense on the inside, reassemble the lense with some new sealant and you got clear tails.

The only thing is you have to becareful not to crack or break that front clear lense. Since i never fooled around with the 92-95 tails I'm not sure if there are any tabs holding the lense in place as well. If there are you may have to bend them back to remove the clear lense as well as the red inside lense.

I hope this gives you some idea of what you will need to do.

xeroinfinity
05-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Thats pretty much how to do this, but sealing themup can be difficult and they realy dont look to hot IMO.

I thought they do sell aftermarket tails for this year..... I'll check around.

Add your comment to this topic!