Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hellppp!!! 92 Bonneville

phill815
05-21-2008, 02:00 PM
NO PRESSURE TO THE FUEL RAIL !!! new pump installed plugs are new and already coated with black soot, car runs fine when cold starts up with no hesitation but when it gets to normal temp it wont restart!!!. i have voltage on both terminal c and d on the crank sensor with the key on some body help i've tried to give all the details ...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maxwedge
05-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome to AF, will it start with starting fluid, if no pressure at the rail, does the pump run can you hear it prime, is the fuel filter new? When is there no pressure when hot? Lots of unanswered issues here to clarify your question. Do you have spark?

phill815
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
the other thing and heres where it gets crazy... if i spray starting fluid in the intake it will run fine until i stop spraying...but it has a NEW FUEL PUNP ???

phill815
05-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Welcome to AF, will it start with starting fluid, if no pressure at the rail, does the pump run can you hear it prime, is the fuel filter new? When is there no pressure when hot? Lots of unanswered issues here to clarify your question. Do you have spark?
THERS NO PRESSUR RIGHT NOW. If i put the guage on it there will be no pressure right now but fuel will spray out if i push the valve, it'll run fine if i feed fuel thru the intake with no problem, unplugged the maf and it still ran fine, cut off when i stopped feeding it fuel >>>> whats the problem ??? it cuts out when hot and wont restart till it cools off!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

maxwedge
05-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Check the fuel pump relay for starters, jump 12v directly to the pump hot wire see if it runs, all basic diagnostics.

phill815
05-21-2008, 08:56 PM
uhm didmt i say fuel pump works/ runs fine when car is cold? so yeah the relay would be fine until it heats up??? could it be the ignition control module ??? if i feed it starting fluid it runs fine until i stop feeding it, also the fuel pump is new and the car is fine until you've driven it 20-45 minutes straight then when you park it it will not restart.

maxwedge
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
You just don't get it, if you have no FP when it won't start then focus on the fuel pump, again, can you hear it run, no pressure means it is bad or not getting power, the ign module has no control over the fuel pressure.

phill815
05-22-2008, 09:42 AM
what if its not getting a crank sensor signal? wont that keep the FP from running / OR AM I WRONG TO THINK THAT THE PUMP SHUTS OFF IF IT DOESNT GET A CRANK SENSOR SIGNAL? ITS A 3.8 WITH 189,212 MILES ON IT 3.8 V-6 92 BONNEVILLE THANKS ,

HotZ28
05-31-2008, 10:44 PM
AM I WRONG TO THINK THAT THE PUMP SHUTS OFF IF IT DOESNT GET A CRANK SENSOR SIGNAL? Yes, you are wrong! The crank sensor has nothing to do with the fuel pump function. The fuel pump will run through a prime cycle when you turn the ignition on, and before the engine starts!

phill815
05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
ok what i'm sayin is after the initial pressurizing or priming cycle will the pump continue to run if it does not recieve a crank signal? and it was a crank sensor it runs great thanks every one

Add your comment to this topic!