need help after changing sportage motor

parkbrau38
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
i have changed the motor in a 2000 kia sportage 2wd four door,automatic transmission with a 2.0 engine. Went back in with the same motor also. The problem I am having is starting the motor. The main relay buzzes with the key out of the switch and when I put the key in and turn it to start it stops buzzing but the engine wont start(turns over fine). I have not checked for spark but i have checked the fuel pump and not pumping. Also the horn beeped when first attaching the battery cables. With all the doors shut the door chime sounds with the key in the ignition.

LMP
05-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Hard to tell as there is no clear single path for such a problem...that seems to come much too often in Sportage forums and never a hint of the final outcome. Obviously a wiring/grounding/contact issue. Pull and reinsert all relays from the box under the hood, check for chaffed wires , run new grounds from battery negative to engine block, firewall, other ground wires.....and please tell of any findings and actual solution when found....

Add your comment to this topic!