Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Iwata HP C+ problems. Any advice/help?

klutz_100
05-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi,

I have an Iwata HP C+ airbrush and I am generally very happy with it but recently it has developed an problem with the trigger sticking when depressed which is keeping the airflow open. The problem is only with the air release NOT the paint flow.

Yesterday, I completely stripped the brush down (including the air valve), cleaned it, added some Iwata super lube and re-assembled it. It did not look as if there was any paint in the air valve BTW.

After the first use it was again sticking!!! :eek7: :banghead:

I know that Gio recently mentioned somewhere that he also has this problem. Does anyone know what the cause is and how to fix/prevent it?

gionc
05-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Hi,

I have an Iwata HP C+ airbrush and I am generally very happy with it but recently it has developed an problem with the trigger sticking when depressed which is keeping the airflow open. The problem is only with the air release NOT the paint flow.

Yesterday, I completely stripped the brush down (including the air valve), cleaned it, added some Iwata super lube and re-assembled it. It did not look as if there was any paint in the air valve BTW.

After the first use it was again sticking!!! :eek7: :banghead:

I know that Gio recently mentioned somewhere that he also has this problem. Does anyone know what the cause is and how to fix/prevent it?

I wanted to say "use superlube" (a thing that I didn't yet since I must purchase/got a lot of worries about sylicon sensitive paints like 2K) but it's strange it do it after: may be the lubricant needs some time to work, may be we both have hard finger and destroyed the trigger's spring :D

gionc
05-18-2008, 03:06 AM
PS: I'm now used to the fault and I feel it conformtable on long sessions LOL

cyberkid
05-18-2008, 04:20 AM
I used to have this problem with my Tamiya HG, and Iwata's super lube didn't work either...
I ended up smearing a very light layer of what is called here 'yellow oil', the english name on the can is Multi-purpose super grease.
Click me (http://www.taiwanpage.com.tw/cp_view.cfm?id=926) for product details of the type I use.
It's an all use mechanic oil, lubricates, prevents rust and most of all its cheap.
I only smeared a tiny bit using a q-tip on the stem of the trigger and I've never had it stick again.

HTH
Steve

wadny
05-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I have an Iwata Revolution with the same problem. For me, the fix is to smear a tiny amount of white grease or petroleum jelly on the pin on the bottom of the trigger button that fits into the air valve. Press the button a few times, and no more sticking. I usually clean my airbrush with lacquer thinner, and backflush it through the hole where the bottle attaches using an eyedropper, so the thinner gets into all of the internals and dissolves the grease. Consequently, I have to grease the trigger frequently. No big deal.

Larry

klutz_100
05-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks guys :thumbs:

I am a bit worried about grease getting into the airflow but I'll give it a go since you think it works :)

sjelic
05-19-2008, 05:02 AM
What works for me is.....well I know this will sound strange...:D:D:D:D

I clean the brush, let it dry, put this round part of trigger in my mouth (don't laugh :D) wet it a bit and put it in place. Never had any problems since I use this method :D:D:D

gionc
05-19-2008, 05:30 AM
What works for me is.....well I know this will sound strange...:D:D:D:D

I clean the brush, let it dry, put this round part of trigger in my mouth (don't laugh :D) wet it a bit and put it in place. Never had any problems since I use this method :D:D:D

Never realized when you said "you must try Croatian white" you meant oil :D :D :D

sjelic
05-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Never realized when you said "you must try Croatian white" you meant oil :D :D :D

Obviously I use to much nitro thinner :eek7: :iceslolan :rofl:

Add your comment to this topic!