Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Evo VIII

exhaust smoke
03-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Some of you may remember Hiro's thread a while back concerning Fujimi's new Evo VIII kit.

My one arrived today from HLJ. The kit is just as you would expect from Fujimi. All they have done is to give the Evo VII a facelift on the front, new rear wing sprue, dash board, decal sheet and that's all folks. The rest is much the same as the Evo VII. Another thing that bugs me a little is that for the rear wing, they provide some carbon fibre decal. This is fine, except that the CF weave looks nothing like it should!:rolleyes:

integra818
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Hurry up and build! I wanna see it completed! :D

exhaust smoke
03-06-2003, 01:06 AM
I will.

Another thing that is annoying and typical of Fujimi is that the wheels that come with it, although nice in design, are too small!! Too much rubber! I want low profiles!!

It's probably a Fujimi marketing ploy to make you buy their aftermarket wheel sets!

GTi-VR6_A3
03-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke

It's probably a Fujimi marketing ploy to make you buy their aftermarket wheel sets!

but hey why not. have two sets right noe. 18in bbs rg and 18in bbs lm. they look great. i plan on putting one pair on my cox golf 420si and saving the other for some future model as the golf vr6 i have already has nice bbs rims.

-GTi-VR6_A3

primera man
03-06-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke
I will.

Another thing that is annoying and typical of Fujimi is that the wheels that come with it, although nice in design, are too small!! Too much rubber! I want low profiles!!

You hit the nail on the head IMO:mad:

Bangai-o
03-19-2003, 09:28 AM
I've just about finished my Fujimi Porsche Carrera '73 RS and I can't get the body to fit properly, the rest of the kit has been a joy but this body just doesnt fit without a 1-2mm gap along the bottom. :mad:

Honoturtle
03-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Bangai-o
I've just about finished my Fujimi Porsche Carrera '73 RS and I can't get the body to fit properly, the rest of the kit has been a joy but this body just doesnt fit without a 1-2mm gap along the bottom. :mad:
This may not be what you mean, but spread out the sideskirt parts since it's probably not fully popped in.

Fujimi wheels always seem to suck, but I like their 18".

Asmenoth
03-19-2003, 02:51 PM
I am about to start on my kit sometime this week. And after looking at model, then going down to the Mitsubishi dealer to apply for a job and seeing the Evolution up close and personal, I realized something...the real car looks awsome!! And now I sit here and stare at my Fujimi kit and try to figure out how to come up with $30,000.:sun:

Add your comment to this topic!