Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Pump/Filter

rell2tru
05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Where is the best place to go to buy a new pump/filter? Any suggestions? I was told so many plaes and I want to narrow it down. I heard not to go to autozone...

....but what about Napa, CarQuest, Murray's...???

HotZ28
05-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Try RockAuto.com and get ACDelco if you can. Others are made in China, need I say anymore?

brcidd
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Napa sells the a/c delco and the delphi replacements

chad_55
05-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I buy all my filters from AutoZone, but he is right about "Made in China" ….. Beware.

Sonix1
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Since we're on the topic...
I've been waiting for a little while to replace my fuel filter. Each oil change I mean to, but still can't figure out how.

1992 Delta 88. How do I relieve fuel pressure? I'm used to
pull the fuel pump fuse and let the car idle until it dies, then crank it over a bit
or, pull the fuel pump relay, same thing.

Haynes says to do either one, but their description of where to find the fuse is bad. It doesn't appear to be in my kickpanel (DS) or in the fuse area at the rear top of my engine bay (maxi-fuse area).

WHERE IS THIS ELUSIVE FUSE?!?

Thanks

HotZ28
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
WHERE IS THIS ELUSIVE FUSE?!?It is located in the fuse/relay panel under passenger side dash near kick panel. You may need to drop the glove box door to gain access. (More trouble than it is worth) Why not drain the schrader valve located on the fuel rail or regulator? All you need is a shop towel & safety glasses if you do it this way. Another way is to a fuel pressure tester and simply open the drain valve to relieve pressure.

Sonix1
06-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Hmm, ok, never thought of that. Not too wise to fuel injection systems.

A shrader valve eh? I'll try to find that on the fuel rail and do it that way. Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!