Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

advice

rdcbert
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
my dad bought me a 1987 isuzu Pick up for my birthday. he paid 50 bucks for it. the co-worker who sold it to him left the truck sitting out in the sun it hasen't been started since 2001. my dad replaced the battery terminals and did some work in the transmition.i remember him bring in third gear and there was a chunk missing from it. i don't know what he did but he was to cheap to replace third gear so he jury rigged it in some way. after he left and never came back third gear was making some loud noises, hard to describe. no it doesn't work at all. the engine just peaks when i shift into third. first and second are now making the same loud noises. fourth is beginning to slip or something but there is a constant clanging noise like something broke off and is flying about. my mechanic said i needed a new tranny but i have to get a tranny from the same model year truck. i like the truck it got good mileage but is it worth fixing and where would i find a tranny for it? i have been looking for 4 months and no luck :banghead:

silverhairangel1
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
if you like it it's worh fixing. try your nearest junk yards.if your near st. louis try riverside salvage.
silverhairangel1

Add your comment to this topic!