Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 buick rm rear shocks

agjones
05-14-2008, 12:47 PM
:tongue: :tongue: when i have a load in my car it levels okay when you get in but as you drive it goes down in the back . but when you stop and park it pumps up okay . with no load no problem it stays up ; any Idea what could be the problem. thanks Allen

bocoogto
05-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I believe this is caused by an air leak between the compressor and the shocks. Isn't there a logic system that only allows so much run time before the compressor stops? If not for this logic system, the battery would go dead when the car is not running, but leaking air in the leveling system.

Need help from someone more familiar with the system.

'97ventureowner
05-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Sounds like a leak to me somewheres also. I had a similar system in my Venture, ( but not in my Roadmaster.) The system developed a leak and the compressor would go on when the level got too low, and then stop once the proper level was achieved. This occurred whether the van was running or not, (scared a few people in parking lots as they walked by the van as the compressor went on :lol: with it's "growling" noise.) I eventually pulled the fuse to the compressor. It never really drained my battery, perhaps because either the vehicle was used everyday and didn't have the chance to fully discharge the battery, or the leak was so minor and the compressor not operating that much to drain the battery, and the battery being in good condition and able to withstand the minor draw from the compressor.

Add your comment to this topic!