Throttle upgrade?

gtmud
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
A simple question, can I take the T-body from a HO 4.0 out of an 99 XJ and install it onto the intake of a 95 Wrangler, 2.5ltr 4 cylinder. Is the bore any larger? All bolts and electronics look identical, right down to the connectors.

soldierp89
05-12-2008, 12:31 AM
well. i believe that the 4.0 has a bigger bore. since it is a bigger bore it is a nice performance upgrade to the 2.5. i am pretty sure that itll work. i have a 4.0 throttle body spacer on my 2.5. its not that hard to take off so my advice is to put it on and and if it dont work put the old one back on.
according to http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/engine/throttlebody01/
it should work
hope this helps . good luck
patrick

gtmud
05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
AWESOME! I will do this this week-end. Maybe I'll see a small improvement in mileage too. Thanks for the info!

soldierp89
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
you should see an improvement in gas milage. even though its bigger, your engine wont have to work as hard to move the jeep. not working as hard will improve your gas milage. (in theory). it did for me. let me know what happens.

gtmud
05-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok, I got the t-body swapped and all is working better, in fact the engine seems to idle better too. I disconnected the battery for a while, hoping to reset teh computer(KAM), and have found a way to install a cold air intake system using the intercooler tube from a 6.0 diesel(ford). Now just have to find a filter to fit the tube.
Another question, or wonder, now that the air intake has increased and I already have a flowmaster muffler, what would happen if I installed injectors from the 4.0 into the 2.5?

soldierp89
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
thats awesome that it worked well. it should run alot better now. way to go on the diesel turbo tube. uhhh. as for the air filter. when i removed my air filter box i kept the original tube that went from the box to the throttle body. then i just when to autozone and picked up a 3" air filter. but for the turbo tube i dont know. if u have a lowes or home depot near by, you can go and try to find a reducer (if the turbo tube is too big) then try to find a air filter for it. as for the injectors, i do not know. i have not did this swap so i dont know if it would work. i know that the CR for the 2.5 is higher than that of the 4.0. the only problem that i would see as a problem would be it as TOO much fuel. but like a said. if u have a good saturday and sunday, experiment with stuff. see if the fuel injectors would work and let us know the results. should be some useful info for people in the future.
thanks
patrick a ruth

Add your comment to this topic!